Moving pictures from PHOTOS to LUMINAR Library

Answered

Comments

4 comments

Tony Collins

That process will transfer a copy of your images in to the Lumnar library. But any albums you've set up in photos won't be transferred.

Similarly any edits you've done in Photos won't be transferred.

Comment actions Permalink
    David Ullman

Thanks for your note, Tony!  It's much appreciated.  If you don’t mind, I have two more questions…

1.  Am I supposed to transfer one picture at a time … or can I select a group and transfer a group.
    I’m assuming I can create a new folder/something each time I transfer a group.

2.  Am I correct is assuming that the pictures will remain in PHOTOS?

Many thanks again for your help!

David Ullman
    Tony Collins

When you do a copy past of the "orginals" folder, you are copying all the original files you have imported into photos. As long as you do a copy/paste, they will also remain in photos.

You will paste them to a new folder outside of the photos library. You don't need to do them singly or in groups, you copy the folder containing every image in the photos library in one step.

Note, that folder will contain all your images in a flat structure (no subfolders by date, or any other sort of organisation). Though within Luminar, you can view them by date in the library.

When you add that folder to Luminar, it should then index all the images in that folder in one go (though depending on how many there are, it could take some time.)

David Ullman

Understood. Many thanks again.  I appreciate having a way to go.  Will certainly approach with care.

Many thanks again, Tony.   

David

Please sign in to leave a comment.