Luninar 4.3 and Big Sur

Answered

Comments

20 comments

Helena Carter

Hi Lewis,

Please, note that we do not support Beta version, however, once Big Sur is released officially, we'll make sure to provide compatibility updates.

Comment actions Permalink
    Richard Wakeford

Shame. Affinity Photo works perfectly with Big Sur public beta. They've obviously been working since the first developer beta to get it right and it works stand alone and with Photos.

Mike Stecker

Came here to report the same. I'm on public beta, however each photo I open and make adjustments to turns completely black. I'm on Big Sur Public Beta 20A5343j and Luminar 4.3.0

Helga Rowles

Hi Mike, thanks for the heads-up! I've sent a quick note to our techs about this.

David Dunk

Had the same problem Mike.
    I went into Preferences > Graphics > Use Graphic Processor and turned it off.
    I can now see the images. Kind of a work around but at least I can see my photos again. 
    So far any editing etc. I have tried is working ok.

Big Sur is a beta so I expect issues. 

Jerry Brickhouse

Thanks David Dunk..  turning off Graphic Processor worked for me as well..  a work around that works. 

Christian Hamélius

Will there be a compatibility update to Luminar 3 as well?

Kate Williams

Hi Christian,

We'll have more information about which versions will receive a compatibility update once Big Sur ships as an official version. Stay tuned! 

Silvia Cabrera

Hi
    I have the same problem . I try to open my pictures on Luminar and make some adjustments it turns completely black , someone knows something about or how to fix it with this new MacOS Big Sur ?
    Thanks
    Sílvia

Roxy Warren

I'm also running MacOS Big Sur and Luminar 4.3 ... I tried turning off the Graphic Processor and it isn't helping. Just get the warning triangle on ALL of my photos and each photo is completely pixelated. I can't work on anything. In LIbrary, it also shows all of my folders with the warning triangle. Guess my summer in quarantine is shot until the gold standard Big Sur is released. At least I hope it is. Makes me not trust the promos coming out for Luminar AI.

Kate Williams

Hi Roxy,

The warning triangles next to the folders with images mean that the software has lost connection with them. Perhaps, you've relocated the folders, changed their names, etc., when the software wasn't running. 

Please follow the steps below in order to reconnect Luminar 4 catalog with missing folder:

1. Go to the Library tab;

2. Right-click the missing folder;

3. Choose Locate Folder from the drop-down menu: https://prnt.sc/syjwtz;

4. Find and point to the missing folder.

Here are the video tutorials that might also be useful:

Hope this helps. 

S Nordbruch

Hi Kate,

I have the same issue and when I try to point to the correct folder, Luminar crashes in an instant. Will the fix be available at Launch?

Regards. 

Victoria Grace

Hi S Nordbruch,

As soon as the compatibility update is released, it should work just fine.

Michel Grenier

Now, the final version of Big Sur is out and Luminar 4.3 is still not working on it. As I am using Luminar quite often, I sincerely hope for a fix, as soon as possible. 

(Same thing with Aurora, by the way)

Tyler DeMar

The only thing Skylum is working on is getting us to buy the new Luminar Ai.

Richard Wakeford

Affinity Photo put a compatible update out for both versions of the Mac OS the same day that the public Big Sur was released.

S Nordbruch

I am super disappointed. This is a very Mac-focused tool and all I see is Luminar AI ads and they can't get their software working for months on the beta and refer to the "public release" - then better release with the public release if you claim that for months.It's out now, so all users can"t use your product anymore. 

Anastasia Davis

Hi guys! Please note that usually beta version and the officially released one are different. For instance, half of the bugs that were in Luminar on Big Sur beta can't be reproduced on the official Big Sur. 

The compatibility update will be released within a week.

Michel Grenier

Anastasia Davis

Thank you! 

This is what I wanted to hear.

:)

Helga Rowles

Hi @Christian Hamélius
    Just wanted to let you know that there will be a compatibility update for Luminar 3 and Luminar Flex.
    We don't have an ETA for it just yet since we're currently focused on Luminar 4 and Luminar AI, but we will definitely release it.

Please sign in to leave a comment.