where are luminar skies installed ?

Answered

Comments

7 comments

Anastasia Davis

Hi Marco! Sure, thanks for sharing your feedback. I will forward your suggestion to our developers.

Comment actions Permalink
    marc labro

thank you but what about the folder location, on win10 machine, of the standard Luminar skies ?

Austin Miller

Hi marc. The standard Luminar 4 skies are located in the Luminar 4 system folder. We do not recommend adding the sky images to the default skies folder.

Murray White

Location of Skies in Windows:
    C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar 4\profiles\SkyTextures

Not sure if any added will still be lost when an update takes place which was one of the benefits of the last update to L4 which was done to allow a live view of the skies added by the user.

marc labro

hello,

thank you but i don't have this folder sky textures bu data (contains resources LUT), profiles, scenarios

Kate Williams

Hi Murray

If the skies are put to C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar 4\profiles\SkyTextures, they will be lost when you install the update. 

This folder should not be interfered with, as putting the files there may affect the stability and performance of the software. 

@Marc,   

When one opens C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar 4\profiles\SkyTextures , there will be a list of the pre-installed skies. 

Is your copy of Luminar installed to the default location? 

You may try reinstalling the software and re-downloading it from here: https://l.skylum.com/luminar4_win  The folder should be available. 

marc labro

Hi kate, my luminar 4 under win10 works fine and i can replace sky.

I double checked and these are indeed in this folder. I think i was looking in luminar folder instead of profile subfolder.

sorry !

Please sign in to leave a comment.