Luminar 4 and Infrared Photos

Answered

Comments

6 comments

Helga Egilsdottir

Dear Huw Parry,

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts on this matter. I made sure to forward this to relevant department to improve.

Certainly, we did not mean to create any false expectations. I understand how you would like to see 'channel Mixer' tool again among available features, this is why we keep gathering our users' feedback to see if this is something we can bring back in the nearest updates. 

Appreciate your input!

Comment actions Permalink
    marc labro

hello, in lightroom we must first create a profile for the camera with DNG profile editor on one raw image (free). this takes few minutes and we can use it for any external IR filter. then we can do channel swaps.

How does Skylum team see this profile import ?

Anastasia Davis

Hi Marc! Luminar loads such profiles automatically. If you have Adobe DNG Converter on your computer, there should be no problems and Luminar should load these profiles.

marc labro

great ! is it new ? so a 590nm IR with blue grass and orange sky becomes a yellow grass with blue sky once we clock on a grey area with WB eyedropper ?

I purchased in the past Laurie Klein IR luminar color swap but couldn't use them.

best regards

marc

Huw Parry

Am I missing something here? I have the the DNG convertor with custom profiles, but cant see anywhere to load profiles?

thx

h

marc labro

hello everybody,

to be clear, this profile is mainly intended to be able, under lightroom, to reducetemperature slider well below its limits. With capture NXD and a nikon camera you don't need any profile, just clic WB eyedropper on a grey card taken with IR filter...

I have attached a youtube tuto from Jason Odell explaining how to use DNG editor to create a profile for LR we expect being able to use in luminar 4 :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP3zsdSOadU

Please sign in to leave a comment.