Photolemur3 constantly crashing on MacBook Pro

Answered

Comments

12 comments

• Official comment
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Matthew,

MacOS Big Sur is still in beta and is not yet supported by Photolemur. Once Apple officially releases Big Sur, we'll work on adding support for the new OS.

Comment actions Permalink
    Wiktor Syrotin

I still have this problem. Can't export anything. 

David Minar

I have this problem too on BigSur, now being production.

Draško Sarić

Me too. When can you fix it?

József Juhász

1.5 months since macOS 11 was released and still no update? Photolemur crashes every time I try to export a photo.
    As a software developer you should have started development on support BEFORE the release. That's why Apple provides beta releases many months before the final one. Your approach ignores your paying customers who are left with a software they can't use for an unknown period of time.

Anthony Ivers-Read

Same problem here damn it! Fix it please

Elena O'Brien

Hi guys, 

Sorry to keep you waiting, our developers are still working on the compatibility update. However, there's still no ETA for it as right now, we are focused on Luminar AI and Luminar 4.

Hi József Juhász,

Please note that we were not able to release a compatibility update based on the beta version of Big Sur due to the fact that beta version and the version from the official release are different and some of the issues on the beta version are not present on the official version. However, out tech team is working tirelessly and doing their best to ensure full compatibility, so please stay tuned and check for updates.

Anthony Ivers-Read

So basically you focus on your more lucrative software and expect us to just wait or buy the more expensive software! Not very good customer service! 

József Juhász

I just wanted to say the same: thank you for your honesty: not all your customers are equal.
    As a paying customer I expect the same level of support regardless of how much I spent with you. I understand that you probably have a much bigger user base for Luminar but we still paid good money for an app that only does one thing. Not having an ETA does not sound very promising.

DBella Consulting

Elena O'Brien as a successful company, I would highly recommend that Skylum offer a generous complimentary discount for Luminar AI and Luminar 4 since you mentioned that this is what the companies primary focus is on. It would be the best thing to do to compensate everyone here for the inconvenience so that we can get back to work. Your clients including myself that have purchased this software have relied and depended on its use, this was the main motivating factor when we all initially made this purchase. Your companies primary focus is irrelevant to our concerns because we never inquired about that other software, to begin with. It's like calling a company during business hours and no one answers, the moment you get someone on the other end to answer you ask him, "why haven't you answered during business hours?" the company would respond, "I had to pick up my son and had a doctors appointment." My response would be, "I already paid you to have it completed today!" The response, "we are focused on Luminar AI and Luminar 4." made me feel like that. That's not cool, I would never do that to any of my clients.

Matthew McCosh

Totally agree elena! I think we should all ask for our monies back as the product we have paid for does not work!

Elena O'Brien

Hi guys, 

I completely understand how you feel and I would feel the same way. 

But when I say that we are more focused on Luminar 4 and Luminar AI right now, this is prioritized at this very moment due to the recent release of Luminar AI. It won't be right to abandon Luminar AI users right after the release in case the customers have any issues with the newly-released software. I hope you understand!
    However, we do remember about Photolemur and deeply care for our customers who are using it, and will release a compatibility update as soon as it is possible. We really hope for your patience at this matter.

And if we wish to get a discount to purchase any of our products, please reach out to us at http://skylum.com/support and we'll make sure to think of something :)

Please sign in to leave a comment.