Support for Canon EOS R5

Answered

Comments

21 comments

• Official comment
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Burkhard,

We're constantly working on expanding the supported camera list. Thus, it's just a matter of time until the app is able to read the files produced by the Canon EOS R5 properly. 

For now, we recommend you to install Adobe DNG Converter and convert your RAW files to DNG file format (which is supported by Luminar). 

Please use one of the links below to download Adobe DNG Converter:

For Mac OS:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_mac/ 

For Windows:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_win/ 

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Comment actions Permalink
    Burkhard

Hello, Angela,

I'm sorry, but such answers from Skylum I know enough - such answers do not lead us any further. Why do you always leave it open, if at all and if so, when support can be expected. Your smoke candles are not an appropriate way to treat your customers.

Helga Rowles

Hi Burkhard, unfortunately, at this time we don't have a confirmed ETA for Canon EOS R5 to provide you with more precise information. As soon as we have any news - we will be sure to let you know.

Jay Maynard

Burkhard I 100% agree,  the way Luminar deals with customers is horrible.  The is the worst camera related community support I've ever seen.  1/2 the time when sometime asks a question I too want to answer and Luminar just gives them attitude or turns comments off.  They love deciding when we should be happy.   

Guillaume Pg

Unfortunately, I'm agree. Luminar was a good idea but now it's getting worse. So much time spent on gimicks features, and not adapted to real life photographers.

The fact the R5 support isn't available is a shame but not the worst thing. The main problem is that each time I look for a missing feature on Luminar, I see the same thing on this forum : "Could you please reach our techs via support@skylum.com"...

Supporting one of the biggest best seller camera shouldn't even be asked ! And if the developpers want to know what people want, don't look at your mail box but this forum. How many people really send an e-mail to request a feature ? 10 % ? All the others, go on google, type the question and come on this forum. So if you want to know what people want, just read these lines !

And please, make your software more reactive. The last update didn't changed anything for me : on my Macbook 12 with a tiny processor, as well as on my iMac pro with 10 cores.

we don't care about sky replacement or adding a rocket on a family picture.

Jay Maynard

Skylum / Luminar could change the entire company overnight if they got rid of or retrained their support staff.  Rude, obnoxious comments from them are all I ever see.  If they were honest and upfront with us they's receive a much more positive relationship with their customers.  This entire forum is toxic.     

Helga Hufflepuff

Dear Jay Maynard,

I’m sorry to hear about your impression regarding our support team. Indeed, there are many improvements could have been done and more cameras added and I can assure you that we have them in our backlog. We do value the feedback of each our user and do our best to listen to all the thoughts Luminar users share with us. All those kind suggestions would definitely make the app a masterpiece, however due to limited resources we cannot implement everything at once. Slowly but surely we are getting there. Once again our apologies for any misunderstanding caused before.

Alexander Puzikov

Hi guys,

I was looking at the wonderful ad about Luminar AI .... and then I remember that I had to wait for EOS RP support for over a year. 
    Now I um upgrading to R5.

Fool me once shame on you.... there is no second chance to you guys. 
    I have spent enough money to support your development with Luminar 2018, Luminar 3 and Luminar 4

I was hoping that this is a growing pains and you will learn, but it seems that you are always going forward to build new version of the software without providing robust support to users who already trusted you and have paid their dues. 

This comment for users who is still hoping to hear something from Luminar.

Check if your camera supported.
    Check if RAW format supported.
    If not - don't expect that this would be resolved any time soon.

Frustration of waiting for Skylum to deliver on their promises not worth money that you think you have saved with them.

Helga Rowles

Hi Alexander, please let me assure you that we will add EOS R5 support to both Luminar AI and Luminar 4. We plan to ship compatibility and performance updates for Luminar 4 for another year after Luminar AI is released. 

Guillaume Pg

Thanks Helga for answering my questions.

I thought maybe Luminar AI was a way to split in two, and have a real pro software and a gimmick thing for beginners. But no. As your answer suggest, Luminar AI is the "Luminar 5".

OMG. I don't understand how a company can that much go straight into a wall, even when all there clients tell them directly what they want. And you go further to the exact opposite direction.

When I received the Luminar AI email, I had the same reaction like Alexander. Bye bye Luminar. (I bought 3 versions, thinking a new software needs support). But now it's over.

Instead I tried Capture One which is three times more expensive than luminar. But Luminar don't want money. They want gimmick features perfect for Youtube pre-roll ads.

Burkhard

Hi Helga,

You promise to support the Canon RP with Luminar 4 and Luminar AI, that's ok. But now the question arises, why you didn't come up with a comparably clear answer to the Canon EOS R5. So once again the request to provide support for the Canon camera EOS R5 for Luminar 4. We need the answer, if the support for the following cameras for Luminar 4 and Luminar AI will come - for EOS RP, EOS R5 and EOS R6?

Regards

Burkhard

Helga Rowles

Hi Burkhard,

I'm sorry for the confusion, I meant EOS R5.

EOS RP is already supported by Luminar 4 
    https://media.macphun.com/uploads/uploads/luminar/Luminar_4_430_Supported_Cameras.pdf 

EOS R5 and EOS R6 will be supported by Luminar 4 and Luminar AI

Andreas Schuetz

Still no update to support the Canon EOS R5?
    How long should we wait? Another month or two?

This is really a shame and an absolutely sad support. I really think I have to say goodbye to Luminar.

regards

Andreas

Austin Miller

Hello Andreas. We are doing everything possible to make Luminar compatible with Canon EOS R5. This is a more complicated task than we've expected. We will make sure to make a compatibility as soon as possible.

Ole Åsheim

EOS R-support for Aurora HDR was promised very long time ago. Still not supported. How can we believe in your promises, Austin Miller? I think I've bought every version of both Luminar and Aurora, and I was just about to get a Luminar AI license. But then remembered my disappointment regarding RAW support. This is of course a very important feature, and workarounds are cumbersome. We can live with them for a month, but not years (referring to the Aurora/EOS R-promise). 
    Fellow photographers, stop supporting Skylum until they deliver! Just remember to tell them why - like this!

Andreas Schuetz

I can only endorse that, we customers should not put up with everything

R1ch Martinez

This is an old thread. I tried to open raw images from my R5 in luminar 4 and they are covered with a purple haze. I am assuming that the R5 raw files are not supported. I looked at the support list and the R5 is still not there. I did not realize that this camera was not supported and recently bought one. The last post was 2 months ago and the R5 is still not supported. Can I cancel my pre order for Luminar AI? Who do I talk to about getting a refund for Luminar AI? I purchased On1 and they support  the R5 so I don't need your software anymore. I did not know your company is not a good company because of your great ad campaign but now I see these post and all these unhappy customers, I can see you are not interested in supporting canon products while other companies are. Yes. I would like a refund on my preorder of AI. I did not realize you were not a customer service oriented company until reading these posts.

Angela Andrieux

Hi R1ch Martinez,

You're correct, currently the Canon EOS R5/R6 are yet to be supported by Luminar.

However, we're constantly working on expanding the supported camera list. Thus, it's just a matter of time until the app is able to read the files produced by your camera properly. 

For now, we recommend you to install Adobe DNG Converter and convert your RAW files to DNG file format (which is supported by Luminar). 

Please use one of the links below to download Adobe DNG Converter:

For Mac OS:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_mac/ 

For Windows:
    http://www.adobe.com/go/dng_converter_win/ 

That said, I understand that camera support is important to you, and if you wish to request a refund on your preorder you can do so by contacting us at www.skylum.com/support.

Andreas Schuetz

Can't you find a better answer to this question than to give the same answer as already 2 months ago? That is not very credible. I have lost confidence in Skylum and I will definitely not buy Luminar AI but look for other alternatives.

R1ch Martinez

I don't have to do this with On1 or other products. The reason I purchased Luminar and On1 is so I don't have to deal with Adobe. Your answer is not a good one nor is it a good work around. This is the most basic function of photo editing software and you don't have it after month of the product being out. You still did not answer my question. Who do I talk to about getting a refund on my pre order of Luminar AI. You are not a customer service based company and now I don't want to deal with you any longer either. Why should I jump through hoops and do conversions to dng to use your product when there are others available that just work.

Anastasia Davis

R1ch Martinez In case you want to ask for a refund, please reach our support team: https://skylum.com/support

Please sign in to leave a comment.