Luminar 4 export feature does not work using Big Sur Beta

Answered

Comments

22 comments

  • Official comment
    Avatar
    Angela Andrieux

    Hi Jason,

    Thank you for sharing your workaround! We will release full Big Sur support once it is officially released.

    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Jason Reid

    many thanks for the quick response

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Gal Steinberg

    Angela, I hope this time you will have the release ready TOGETHER with Big Sur release and not over a month after like was with Catalina, I still am suffering from the fact I need to create a new library and till today can't bring those photos into my main library.

    I hope your developers are not waiting like last year and are actively working on a Big Sur compatibility update. 

    2
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Victoria Grace

    Hi Gal,

    Be sure our tech team will do their best to provide support for the new Mac OS soon after its release. Thanks for your understanding.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Andrea Hackney

    Big Sur is not working with Luminar 4 as a plug in.  I have tried several times after restarting the software to no avail.

    It had been working like a dream until I installed Beta Big Sur.  Any way around this probem?

     

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Angela Andrieux

    Hi Andrea

    We don't have support for Big Sur at this time since the OS is still in beta. Once Apple releases the official version, we'll update our software for compatibility.

    -2
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Member

    Also tried to use Luminar 4.3 at Big Sur. Also in the most current beta, the export feature yields in a crash. I would assume that this crash is not due to an bug on Apple's side. So I would suggest Skylum to fix this issue. 

    If you want to do commercial software, it is critical that the bug is fixed when the public beta phase ends - this could happen this month! 

    For commercial software, it is not ok to fix the bug AFTER the release of Big Sur. That's why there are beta phases: for bug fixing. 

    So, please can you confirm that there is a bug fix ready? 

    1
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Austin Miller

    Hello Jens. We will make sure that Luminar will work stable on macOS Big Sur once it is officially released and delivered to the customers.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Paul Barnard

    Just in case people are still suffering from this I found a work around for export.  On the Luminar "File" menu select "Open in" then "Photos".  This will export the edited image to the Photos app and you can then share it or export it again from there.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Member

    Hey Paul,

    thanks! Please note that this exports the photo with high quality settings as TIFF. This will increase the file size by factors 5-10 compared with a good quality JPEG export. 

    @Austin: Thanks for your answer. I have to admit that I am not really happy with the update policy of Skylum. You could have delivered a fix months ago and testers that wanna use Big Sur (release candidate is already avail) could also use Luminar 4 without the need to have a second installation of macOS on their MacBooks. It even made me testing Lightroom and Photoshop since Adobe has a different kind of update policy (fix bugs when they are known).

    Best 

    Jens

     

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Kate Williams

    Hi Jens, 

    The beta versions are known to undergo several changes under-the-hood before the final release this is why we provide compatibility updates only for the official OS versions that are final.

    As for the second installation, you can always reset your license counter in your Skylum account if you don't plan to keep using Luminar on the second computer anymore. 

    Login here:

    https://skylum.com/user/login

    If you don't have an account, create one here:

    https://skylum.com/user/signup

    Reset buttons are available for each product you own in My Software tab. Click License Reset All Licenses. 

    N.B. All your current activations will not be affected in any negative way. 

    Here is the video tutorial that may also be helpful: https://www.loom.com/share/0935006021d74ea1973035ae31028b36  

    If you need any assistance with that, please contact us via https://skylum.com/support. We'll be pleased to help.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Ahmet Anak

    Hi!

    There is exporting problem also when Air Magic Skylum is operating. Will you fix it too?

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Thomas Nick

    Schade aber auch; selbst mit der aktuellen Releaseversion von macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 lässt sich mit Luminar 4 (Version 4.3.0 (7031)) kein Bild mehr exportieren. Ich ärgere mich gerade sehr darüber, dass ich Luminar AI vorbestellt habe.

    1
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Ahmet Anak

    With the 4.3.0 version, the reliability of Luminar decreased because I started to have a lot of problems with that version. Now, this situation that emerged with Big Sur is very interesting. It should have been studied beforehand and necessary precautions should be taken. It is nothing to start with victimizing the customer. Or we could have told us to give information in advance and wait for the Big sur update.

     

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Gal Steinberg

    Like in every year, Luminar did not prepare for Big Sur (we had the same problem last year and the year before.

    Very disappointing that your dev team doesn't get ready for a major OS... there is a reason for "developer versions" that Apple releases. 

    -----

    I wrote this 3 months ago:

    Angela, I hope this time you will have the release ready TOGETHER with Big Sur release and not over a month after like was with Catalina, I still am suffering from the fact I need to create a new library and till today can't bring those photos into my main library.

    I hope your developers are not waiting like last year and are actively working on a Big Sur compatibility update. 

    1
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Richard Goldstone

    I didn't install Big Sur until just now---it was out of beta.  Luminar just plain doesn't work.  If you use one of the so-called work arounds, disabling the use of the graphics card, it doesn't render any images.  If you are lucky enough to have an image, it crashes on export.  None of my previously-edit images can even be viewed, much less edited.  I've made the mistake of depending on Luminar; please fix this ASAP.

     

    2
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Paul Ross

    If you wish to edit and save in Luminar 4.3 don't update to Big Sur.  Work arounds noted don't seem very useful.  Just crashes out as of now.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Richard Goldstone

    I already upgraded.  Downgrading is possible but fraught.  What I want is a working version of Luminar 4.

     

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Kirk Osborn

    Our tech team is doing its best to ensure full compatibility. The compatibility update should be available soon (we expect to deliver it by the end of the next week), so please stay tuned and check for updates.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Member

    Will this be fixed for Luminar 3.2 ?

    1
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Angela Andrieux

    Hi Member,

    Yes, we've decided to update Luminar 3 and Luminar Flex for macOS Big Sur support. However, I don't have an ETA on when that update will be complete.

    0
    Comment actions Permalink
  • Avatar
    Ahmet Anak

    Hello Dear All and Users!

    Did you face with any problem after Luminar4 updated with Big Sur? I did not update Big Sur yet, that's why I would like to ask you.

    Thanks a lot!

    0
    Comment actions Permalink

Please sign in to leave a comment.