Aurora HDR with failing Luminar Plug-In

Answered

Comments

9 comments

Austin Miller

Hi!

Please try the following solution:

1. Open a photo in Aurora.
    2. Click Plugins >  Other > Open Plugin.
    3. Navigate to the folder where your copy of Luminar 4 is installed. By default, it's C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar 4
    4. Double-click Luminar4.8bf. Luminar 4 should open as a plugin in Aurora.

Here is the video tutorial that may also be helpfulhttps://www.loom.com/share/9a51a3854d4f4c79b970a498f048a539  

Comment actions Permalink
    craPy creATIon

I already mention about opening the plug-in manually. I understand about computer too. The information above is not helping. Will request a refund within tomorrow by 22:00 (10 PM). Thank you!

Kirk Osborn

Hi. Please contact us via https://skylum.com/support and we will figure something out.

craPy creATIon

I requested a refund yesterday but since then I had also talked to another friend who also used Luminar software. He told me to request for a older stable version and not to try the latest update yet since they are usually in progress. I do not know exactly where I can find the older version(s). If I can have my refund request be on hold and try out the older version first, I can do that. I have postponed my photo shoot in hope to try this software out without hating it. I really do want like AI assistance and predict it will be the future to photo editing. 

I read forums of the latest update having problems and bug/glitches to some people, and apparently one of them is me. I will do a clean uninstall and installation again, but with the older version if provided. 

Also my friend mention that MacOS usually receive update earlier and runs more stable. Can I have a confirmation of this?

Elena Blum

Hi craPy creATIon,

Our team is investigating this issue right now. I will send you the version 4.2 via email.

Both Windows and MacOS versions get the updates shipped at the same time.

Janus van Limpt

I am experiencing the same issue on both my laptops, would be nice if this can be fixed. I use the combination of Aurora and Luminar a lot

David Bayley

I having issues as well not being able to open luminar plugin from auroa. Tried both ways and nothing

Elena Blum

Hi David Bayley,

I definitely understand your concern. Please contact our support team https://skylum.com/support and we will do our best to take a closer look at what’s going on right away.

Ed Anderson

Tried above solution by manually opening 4.8bf file but plugin to luminar still does not work. But go ahead and create new software instead of fixing the current one. I'll probably go back to Lr and Ps since their software, tho expensive, always WORKS!!!!!

Please sign in to leave a comment.