Layers: Black signature works correctly, white one does not display

Answered

Comments

5 comments

• Official comment
    Kirk Osborn

I'm afraid that for now, Luminar is not supporting alpha-channel. This means that Luminar will convert all transparent pixels into the white ones. Please use a white signature on a black background and everything should work just fine.

Comment actions Permalink
    Jose Plaza

Anne, please take a look to Luminar 4 user manual. They recommend to invert the black signature (converting it to black background and white signature), and then use Screen blend mode instead of Multiply.

Anne Preston

Thanks Jose, It took me a little while to work out how to change the curve, but I got there in the end.  Would I be better off converting the original signature file to white on black to cut down on the editing each time I want to use the white signature?  I appreciate your time.

Jose Plaza

Hello Anne. It is a pleasure to help. I think the best idea is two have both signatures (black over white and white over black) as jpgs or pngs (but without alpha channel) ready to be used depending of the background colour of your picture . Inverting the image is very easy (I do it with irfanview or gimp), and even with Luminar can be done as indicated in the user manual.

Anne Preston

Hi Kirk and Jose.  Thanks for your responses. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.