Luminar 4.3 will not launch keeps crashing on MacOS Catalina 10.15.5

Answered

Comments

13 comments

Helga Rowles

Hi Mike,

Please locate the new Luminar Catalog folder in the location you've chosen and delete it.

If the issue remains, would you mind getting in touch with us at skylum.com/support so we can look into the issue?

Comment actions Permalink
    Mike Leslie

If you read my post you can see that was done.

Mike Leslie

Also I submitted to support, but looking at other community post that seems to be a waste since support doesn’t respond

Ric Holland

The same problem exists on my system running Mojave.

Luminar has been fine up to and including 4.2. However, something has changed between 4.2 and 4.3. Skylum can’t seem to recognise or acknowledge it, partly because they cannot replicate the issue in their own labs.

They need to consult with Apple, not tell customers “do this, do that, send us this, send us that”. 

Mike Leslie

I do not know how in good consensus they can still be promoting this product and collect moneys from people, with the problems.  Is 4.3 running on any MacOS platforms now?

Mike Leslie

I need a lin for 4.2 for MAC

Tony Sprackett

Mike Leslie, I was provided with a 4.2 link today. Just tried it and got a 404 file not found error. ;-}

This has turned into quite a gong show, right?

I've asked them for a "working" link.

Tony Sprackett

Mike, I found a working 4.2 link in another post:

https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar4/mac/Luminar4_420.dmg  

Austin Miller

Hi all! 

Could you please try the following steps:

1. Hold down Option key on your keyboard and start Luminar. Keep holding Option until you see a window with a list of available backups appear.
    2. Select a backup that has been created prior to when you encountered the issue with the library and click Restore from Backup.
    Here is the video tutorial that may also be helpfulhttps://www.loom.com/share/2fad8457bbb34faa948ea766a002aad8

martin viveash

It's not working on mine, and I can't get a reply from support either

Victoria Grace

Hey Martin,

Our support team has emailed you recently, please, check your inbox.

Richard Krawiec

I’m on High Sierra, admittedly it’s on an old MacBook Pro mid 2010 8gb Ram and a 256gb SSD drive. I’ve had no success with any of the suggested fixes for L4.3 with crashes occurring when attempting to edit. OTOH L4.2 no problem at all.

To be fair to Tech Support they have given multiple suggestions but none worked.  I’ll wait for the rewrite as there’s clearly an issue with the current version.

cheers

Helga Rowles

Hi Richard, I'm sorry to hear our suggestions didn't help.
    Thank you so much for your cooperation! We will do our best to find the root cause of the issue and provide a solution.

Please sign in to leave a comment.