(Resolved/Résolu) Bug with with an Intel driver / Bug avec un driver Intel (Windows Update)

Answered

Comments

4 comments

Kate Williams

Hi Quentin,

Thanks for sharing your tip with us. 

Could you please let me know which exact issue this workaround has helped to fix? 

Was it the crash at the startup or the freeze on the splash screen? 

Comment actions Permalink
    Quentin Montfort

Hi Kate,

After the update of the driver, the problem was a crash at the startup (I'm sorry for my English)

On my pc, Luminar 4 and Aurora HDR 2018 works with my Nvidia graphic card, but after the update of the Intel driver (from WindowsUpdate), Luminar and Aurora HDR no longer succeed to work with this graphic card and try to work only with the Intel card (I don't know why, unfortunately I am not a computer scientist).

But what's strange, I had no problem if I launch a game that also uses the Nvidia card.

After installing the driver I have found on the Intel website, everything is back to normal.

I don't know why WindowsUpdate has suggested this bad driver. I can suppose that other people can have the same problem.

Zygmund ( Zygmund ) Wlodarczyk

J'ai le même problème : PC Dell Inspiron (Intel i5, dernier pilote graphique Intel, 16GO ram DDR4)

Aucune solution de Skylum ; je me suis tourné vers les SAV d'Intel et de Dell ; les deux affirment que Luminar doit être compatible avec mon PC ; les deux ont testé en ligne mon PC ...

Je crois que vais demander le remboursement du logiciel !

Austin Miller

Hello Zygmund.

Please try reinstalling the graphics card drivers with GURU 3D DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller).

Here's the link to download it: https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Please, run the GURU 3D DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) from safe mode, and remove your GPU drivers, then just reinstall them. 

Here's a video tutorial for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bP-2B14Nckw 

Then, download and install drivers from the manufacturer's website:

After you have updated your graphics card drivers, make sure to set your discrete graphics card to run Luminar by default (usually this concerns laptops). Refer to your graphics card's manufacturer's website if you need help with that.

Let me know how it goes.

Please sign in to leave a comment.