Epic Sunsets - Elia Locardi

Answered

Comments

10 comments

Elena Blum

Hi Robert,

I have sent you an alternative link via email.

Comment actions Permalink
    Daniel O'Brien

I'm having the same problem.  Just got done sending an email to support about it and thought I would check here to see if anyone else was having problems.

Also, the other sky packs I bought today are super noisy...I'm hoping this one isn't because I can't really use the other 4 I just bought today.  <crossing fingers>

Robert Grenader

The alternate link provided by Elena worked, but attempting to unzip the file with Windows File Explorer still returned the same error message.  I had to unpack with BreeZip, a third-party utility.  Once I unpacked, I was able to open the 4 nested Zip files to get access to the files.

The sky images are really nice.

Daniel O'Brien

I just looked up if there are any size restrictions for Windows Compressed Folders and it tops out at 2GB, so with this file weighing in at over 6GB it's small wonder it's failing.

I've downloaded a 3rd party unzipper (I downloaded 7-Zip, but I suspect any one will do) and it was able to unzip the original file, so that's gotta be what the problem is.

You're right, those images are really nice!

Robert Grenader

Ok, this explains it.

Thanks.

Ben Tan

Thanks for the posts. I had the same problem - Epic Sunsets zip file too big for Windows Explorer to unzip, kept giving error message. Solution is to get a dedicated unzip program (I used Bree Zip) which broke the downloaded zip file into four smaller zip files, which Bree Zip then extracted into JPGs and TIFFs. It's a lengthy process, but works. Skylum should include information on how to do this, because it's very frustrating otherwise. When Explorer couldn't unzip, I initially thought I had not downloaded the complete zip file, but all 6.5 GB is there. Skylum doesn't tell us Explorer cannot handle zip files larger than 2 GB - so thanks to you all for posting! I'd say very poor service from Skylum.  

emiliano cavolina

Same problem, I use 7zip.

i'm waiting new download link.

Helga Hufflepuff

Hello Emiliano Cavolina,

Looks like our colleague has already sent the alternative links to you. Thanks!

emiliano cavolina

Thanks now work.

I did some tests and with 7ZIP it doesn't work, while with BreeZip you could open the main file and then unzip the zip files inside.

Kirk Osborn

We are glad to hear that you were able to unzip the files. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Please sign in to leave a comment.