Comments

10 comments

Eric Adauto

I have same issue, hope this not takes long time to get fixed 

Comment actions Permalink
    Brian Walton

Try uninstalling and then reinstalling the Photoshop plugin within Luminar.   (run the application as an administrator).

I'm using Luminar 4.3 and Affinity 1.8.3 and was able to get it to work by doing this.

(Windows 10 OS)

Eric Adauto

It was not showing as installed, after rebooting second time it showed me option to install and worked. Thanks

Roy Blackwell

Works on my Windows 10 machines.

Helga Hufflepuff

Hi David Appleby,

Could you please kindly contact us via https://skylum.com/support? We will do our best to help.

Harry

I tried everything, All suggested solutions didn't work for me.  I couldn't install de Adobe Photoshop plugin....

In the end I reïnstalled version 4.2 again. The combination of Affinity 1.8.3 and Luminar4 4.3 is not a good combination.

While others have this combination working, I tried some other things.

The solution which works (in the end, after a lot of installing en de-installing) is:

1) First deinstall Luminar version 4.3
    2) then download and install Luminar version 4.2 from:

https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar4/win/Luminar4Setup_offline_420.exe

3) rename the map with the software C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar 4 (to for example: ...../Luminar420)
    4) install the new version from the link 'my software' (https://skylum.com/account/my-software)
    5) In Affinity: Edit, Prerences, Photoshop Plugins, Plugin Search Folders: C:\Program Files\Skylum\Luminar 420
    6) restart Affinity

In Affinity, when you use the filter: Plugings, Skylum Software, Luminar4, the Luminar version 4.3 starts up and it works.

David Appleby

From the comments above it seems to me, in my ignorance of these things, that there is a file or part of one common to  the Photoshop plugin and Luminar 4.2 that was overwritten in the upgrade, hence the steps people have found to work. If true, hopefully there will be a patch to fix it, rather than having to reinstall 4.2. Hopefully someone at Skylum can tell us.

Kate Williams

Hi David, 

The integration of Affinity and Luminar is not officially supported and documented, and thus was not tested. Therefore, I cannot guarantee that there will be a fix specifically for Affinity. 

These steps are known to help some customers:

1. Right-click the Luminar 4 icon > Run As Administrator.
    2. Click File > Install Plugins.
    3. Click Uninstall next to Photoshop, PSE, LR
    4. Reboot your PC.
    5. Right-click the Luminar 4 icon > Run As Administrator.
    6. Click File > Install Plugins.
    7. Click Install next to Photoshop, PSE, LR 

However, if they don't work in your case and using Luminar as a plugin for Affinity is essential for your workflow, the only solution I can offer for now is rolling back to 4.2.0 and using the 4.2.0 version of Luminar plugin. 

4.2.0 link: https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar4/win/Luminar4Setup_offline_420.exe 

We do hope to reach some sort of agreement with Serif and make the apps compatible in the future.

David Appleby

Thank you Kate. As I will not use Adobe products because of their subscription policy I have rolled back to Luminar 4.2. I hope that Skylum put whatever is in 4.2 that allows it to work as an Affinity plugin into 4.3 soon. It must be down to this because I have never had any of the Adobe programs mentioned on this computer. 

For anyone in the position of having to roll back to 4.2, you may be interested to know that I did not lose any of my purchased or user looks .

David Appleby

After a post from someone on the Affinity help forum and some info from Skylum support I took this approach in Windows 10.  With Luminar v4.2 already installed I copied the Luminar4.8bf file from the Skylum/Luminar folder in program files  and saved it in another location. I updated Luminar to V4.3  and then replaced the Luminar4.8bf file with the version saved in the other location.  With both programs closed I only had to start Affinity, open a file, launch Luminar as a plugin and 4.3 opened. It all works fine :)

Please sign in to leave a comment.