We're currently investigating this issue and we will do our best to provide a solution.
Please, kindly try the solutions listed below if you're facing this issue:
First, please try the following solution:
- Turn off Windows Defender Firewall: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028544/windows-10-turn-windows-defender-firewall-on-or-off
- Either turn off your anti-virus or add Luminar to its list of exclusions. Consult your anti-virus manual for help.
Please make sure to do that for all the security software you have on your computer.
If you have the Avast firewall, try switching it to private mode additionally.
Besides, please download Process Explorer via the link below and kill all processes related to your antivirus software:
If none of these help, please perform the following steps that may help resolve the issue:
1. Reboot your PC.
2. Uninstall Luminar.
3. Clear your registry:
- Visit https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download?pc
- Scroll down to the bottom of the table and click Download from CCleaner.com in the first column.
- Once the download has finished, launch the file and install CCleaner on your computer.
- Launch CCleaner.
- Click Registry on the left.
- Click Scan for Issues in the lower left. Wait for the scan to finish.
- After the scan has finished, click Fix Selected Issues in the lower right.
- Close CCleaner.
4. Type %appdata% in Search (folder Roaming should open).
Find the folder “Luminar 4” and rename it to "Luminar 4 old". Please note that this folder contains your license for Luminar 4, as well as your Custom and downloaded Looks. You will be later to access them later if necessary.
5. Go to Pictures folder and rename the folder called "Luminar 4 Catalog" (if you have your Catalog anywhere else, find it and rename it to "Luminar 4 Catalog old").
Open the folder and locate the file with .luminar file extension. Change the name of this file to "Luminar 4 Catalog old" as well.
6. Reboot your PC.
7. Download the latest version of Luminar from here: https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar4/win/Luminar4Setup_offline.exe
- Right-click on the Luminar icon.
- Go to Properties > Compatibility.
- Enable 'Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows 8' checkbox.
- Press 'Ok'.
If the steps above don't help, could you please let us know your hardware configuration and send it via https://skylum.com/support?
- Press the Windows logo key + R.
- Type msinfo32 in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
- In the window that opens, make sure you have System Summary highlighted on the left.
- Click File > Export.
- Type the name of the file (you can choose any you like), save it somewhere where you can easily find it and attach this text file to your reply to the contact form.
N.B. The links are clickable and show the screenshots that can guide you, if necessary.
Here is the video tutorial on how to retrieve your system info: https://www.loom.com/share/97aff7951ee3412daa020f1d88eb36e8
Besides, please send us event logs:
- Reproduce the issue.
- Press the Windows logo key + R.
- Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
- In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
- Click Application in the directory tree.
- In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
- Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
- Right-click on any of the two selected entries and click Save Selected Events.
- Name the file, save it, and attach it to your reply to the contact form https://skylum.com/support
If nothing helps, you can install Luminar 4.2.0 following the link below.
We will do our best to fix this issue asap.
Please sign in to leave a comment.