Luminar 4 hangs on the splash screen after the update: solutions

Answered

Comments

475 comments

Stefan Schneider

Version 4.30 (6886) actually is working for me now.

Win 10 Pro, build 19041.508.

Comment actions Permalink
    Olivier DRANT

Sorry but where find the 4.3 6886 version ? thanks 

Setiawan Kartawidjaja

@Olivier Drant:

Look at the official reply that has been pinned on the first page

Roy Blackwell

@Olivier Drant: There a pinned comment on the first post of this tread. You will need to scroll a bit to see it. The link is in that pinned comment.

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360009453700-Luminar-4-hangs-on-the-splash-screen-after-the-update-solutions

Olivier DRANT

Setiawan Kartawidjaja

thanks , i just find it ^^ and this version works on my computer :)

Olivier DRANT

thanks Roy Blackwell ^^ 

Darryl Brooks

So, to be clear, you are extracting this and running it from a right-click, not installing it. So Windows doesn't know about it, it doesn't appear in the Start menu or apps, You can't run it by any normal means. Lightroom doesn't know about it so it doesn't run as a plugin. 

What am I missing?

mark thomas

Darryl Brooks You can create a shortcut on your desktop and set it to run as administrator so you don't have to right click each time to launch.As for plugins, run it in standalone mode first and choose the install plugins option from the file menu.If plugins are already showing as installed, uninstall them first and then choose Install to re-install them with the plugins from this Version. Hopefully Skylum will provide a link to a proper installer once they bring it out of Beta.

Darryl Brooks

Got it. Thanks

Mohamed Belhaj

It's amazing how a problem identified 3 months ago is still here. I still can't run Luminar and I don't understand why we need to use all these workarounds instead of them fixing the real issue!

At the same time, they keep sending me marketing material to buy the new Luminar without even trying it.

You can make the best product but if you don't listen to your customers, you won't survive!!

Helga Rowles

Hi Mohamed! I'm sorry you had to wait for the fix for such a long time.

Our techs have created a build that should fix the issue you're facing.

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360009453700-Luminar-4-hangs-on-the-splash-screen-after-the-update-solutions

You will find the link is in the pinned comment.

Helga Rowles

Hi Mohamed! I'm sorry you had to wait for the fix for such a long time.

Our techs have created a build that should fix the issue you're facing.

You will find the link is in the pinned comment.

Jared Ikeda

The new build works on my laptop now but it took 15 minutes to load from the splash screen and then it ran but, when I tried to exit with a new catalog (of 2 images), it took another 15 minutes to create the catalog and exit.  Way too slow to operate effectively.

Helga Hufflepuff

Hi Jared Ikeda,

Thank you very much for sharing your user experience. Please, note that this is only experimental build.

Of course, we are going to release a new version of Luminar 4 soon, where this problem should be fixed and performance speed should be much better. Much appreciated.

Bruno F.W. Ristl, Bakk.phil.

Jetzt habe ich mich auch getraut. 😉

Ich habe das zip file runter geladen, entpackt, auf Laufwerk C: geschoben, eine Verknüpfung erstellt und angeklickt. Daraufhin wurde ein neuer Katalog erstellt und die Verknüpfung zu PS und LR eingetragen. Siehe da, Luminar Version 4.3 funktioniert als Standalone oder Plugin von PS und LR aus. Fast habe ich das Gefühl es ist etwas schneller geworden. 

Margaret Bright

J'ai effectué toutes les démarches disponibles sur vos forums. J'ai également effectué la démarche que vous avez indiqué il y a 6 jours, avec le fichier ZIP à télécharger, etc...

Après tout cela, les heures perdues, au moins 8 installer/désinstaller, 24 redémarrage du PC, cela ne fonctionne toujours pas.

Je n'ai donc pas accès à ce pourquoi j'ai payé une licence.

Que fait-on maintenant ?

Merci, Jimmy Parisi

Angela Andrieux

Hi Jimmy,

Please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support so we can look in to your particular case.

Luiz Paulo

Hi all;

For the last month due to working issues I didn't touch my 4.3 upgrade.

I remember a solutions was posted and some were having success but I lost the trail. Is there a new install already or should we go with the temporary solution?

If the last is still the case, can someone please send me the temporary procedure and I will try to upgrade and cross my fingers?

Sincerely thanks
    Cheers
    Speed

Barry Buehler

There is now an official upgrade.  It does more than just fix the splash screen problem.  Open your current copy and go to the Help menu for upgrade.

I did it yesterday even though I never had the problem.

Don Evans Photography

Well... nice of someone to let us all know.  I haven't upgraded either since there was no official word about the fix.

Barry Buehler What are we supposed to look for in the upgrade?  Is it still 4.3 or is it something different (i.e. 4.31, 4.4, etc...)?

Manfred Hoss

I've had problems since the splash screen error occurred, and now after a month nothing changes? No new version? Mine is 4.30 (6886) I am not offered a new one. What's happened since: splash screen error, after clicking on search for updates... Crash. I have slowly lost all hope... The new Luminar is not coming, the old one is no longer maintained...

Barry Buehler

Member - Sounds like you haven't installed the update.  If not, why not?

I have the new version installed.  No problems and overall the program runs faster.

Barry Buehler

Don Evans - get it on the website or under the help menu, use "Check for Updates."  Don't worry about the version number, just update to the latest.

Manfred Hoss

Darry Buehler

430 6886 is the newest possible to download on website!

Glenn Nosworthy

Great - Groundhog Day all over again. Updated Windows 10 to 20H2 and Luminar 4.3 is stuck on the splash screen again. And yes, I have the latest version (it fixed the problem when I was experiencing it before). 

Setiawan Kartawidjaja

Here we go again :(

Something in the Windows' Update broke again...

Setiawan Kartawidjaja

Also, it only affecting in my ASUS ROG system... while on other old PC - it still runs well.

Setiawan Kartawidjaja

BTW, try to run as Administrator ...

Just try it and runs well - how about other?

Kirk Osborn

Hi. Please contact us via https://skylum.com/support and we will be glad to help you.

Barry Buehler

I think this thread should be closed, since the initial problem has been solved.

A new thread related to Windows upgrade problems, should be started.

This will avoid confusion and help to track/diagnose unresolved issues, if any.

It will also make clear that most of us have been made happy campers by the 4.3 upgrade.

Please sign in to leave a comment.