Also Luminar 4.3 doesnt start as plugin

Answered

Comments

9 comments

• Official comment
    Helena Carter

Hi,

Please note that due to some peculiarities with Photoshop plugin, it needs to be updated separately after you update Luminar. Our team is currently looking for a way to make the plugin update automatically along with the update of Luminar. We hope to implement this in the future.

Please, make sure to complete these steps in the following order:

1. Right-click the Luminar 4 icon > Run As Administrator.
    2. Click File > Install Plugins.
    3. Click Uninstall next to Photoshop.
    4. Reboot your PC.
    5. Right-click the Luminar 4 icon > Run As Administrator.
    6. Click File > Install Plugins.
    7. Click Install next to Photoshop.

In case there's a message You have to install this software first, click Browse and navigate to where the .exe file of your host application is. After you show Luminar where the host app is, you will be able to install the plugin for the host.

Let us know how it goes.

Comment actions Permalink

I'm having the same issue.

Peter Olschewski

i have this sorted out  but can not tell what the deciding factor was. Uninstalled the whole thing, the latest runtime, reinstalled. Didnt work. Did a bunch of times the plugin disabling from within Luminar and did the same thing 5 times and eventually it stuck. 

Something not right about this

Roy Blackwell

In Luminar 4.3, select File... Install Plugins. Uninstall for Photoshop and Lightroom. Close Luminar 4.3 and reopen. Select File... Install Plugins and reinstall for Photoshop and Lightroom. Close Luminar and open Photoshop. Launch plugin from Filter menu. This worked for me.

JOe Amodei

My Install puug in is grayed out so i cant do anything. Why doesn't Luminar check these issues out before offering upgrade. How do i get 4.1 back on my computer this 4.3 is terrible as far as i see.

Patrik Scheidegger

I have the same problem.

That is very unprofessional of skylum to lunch untested software. The customer is the guinea pig

after the reaped try to uninstall the plug-in via luminar this software does not go into the mode to install the plugin again. In this case it will not be installed in the background. the information from uninstall will always remain.

JOe Amodei

Now we all have to waste 3 hours trying to figure out how to get this to work.   

Daniel Hines

I can't do the administration and file bit as it's hanging on the splash screen. Why was the update made available when it clearly is faulty.

Bob Smith

Same problem.  But mine will work the first time after rebooting the computer.  But fails if I try again.  Hopeless.  And a deathly silence from Skylum about it other than repeating what we all know fails.

Please sign in to leave a comment.