Update Fail

Comments

6 comments

• Official comment
    Helena Carter

Dane Robinson

We're sorry to hear you're facing issues. Please, reach us via https://skylum.com/support so we could take a deeper look into these issues.

I regret to hear about your experience with Luminar 4. We'd really want to make it better. However, please, kindly note that when we ask you to contact Support via email/Contact Form, it makes sense since this way, we can always keep track of the issues and collect all the info regarding it in one place. Moreover, this way you can attach files, send event logs and other info we might need. We really hope for your understanding. We appreciate if you let us know what difficulties you're facing so we could assist you.

Comment actions Permalink
    Brian Vohnsen

I am in a similar situation both with 4.2 and now 4.3. Only 4.1.1 worked as intended. Hard crash with both 4.2 and 4.3 everytime I try to do anything.

Roy Blackwell

Today I installed 4.3 on my three Windows 10 Pro machines: desktop, laptop and a Surface Pro 3. All running Luminar 4.3 just fine. During the install on the Surface Pro I had to press 'retry' twice but after that it completed the install. I have yet to put Luminar 4.3 through a good workout on these machines but so far so good.

Dane Robinson

So weird.  I unistalled and reinstalled and have had a few photos appear after waiting for 2+ minutes.  I'm cloning on a few and it's working, albeit, also slow as a turtle.  However, I cannot use vignette at all.  Just doesn't work.

Barry Sachais

Honestly, I don't why I even bother with these updates! Frankly, I don't even know why I even keep this program. With so many other choices, no problems with updating, I think it's time to uninstall Luminar. For goodness sake, updating a program should not be a "fingers crosses" I hope it works experience. And no, contacting support is NOT a solution.

Barry Sachais

I figured it out myself and successfully upgraded. That said, upgrading Luminar is too often a hassle don't experience with other editing software. That's why Affinity is now my go-to editing software.

What I did:

Rebooted the PC

Ran System Mechanic to clean out what it found it the registry and temp folders

Ran Glary Utilities for the same reason I ran System Mechanic

Went to the Windows temp folders and cleaned that folder manually

Then ran the Luminar upgrade successfully

Upgrading should not be an exercise that takes many, many minutes. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.