Luminar 4.3 — Search photos, share masterpieces

Pinned Answered

Comments

10 comments

John West

Hi Alina

Just edited some images with 4.3, unfortunately it appears to be not as stable as last version.

Just had 5 crashes in a row when using Dodge & Burn, crash results sent to Apple.

macOS Catalina Ver 10.15.5

Comment actions Permalink
    Helena Carter

Hi John,

I'm sorry to hear that. Please, reach us via https://skylum.com/support and include the crash report as well so we could assist you.

Tony Collins

You keep claiming performance improvements - but export is still painfully slow.

Just tried, and it took 30 seconds to export 4 images. Same 4 images in Lightroom classic take 7 seconds. This is on a high end (I7 8700K) machine.

Helga Rowles

Hi Tony, indeed, the export speed hasn't been improved much in Luminar 4.3.0. We were mainly focusing on improving the editing speed.
    However, we realize how important it is to be able to export photos fast, and we will definitely continue working on it.

Mark Jiaras

HI, After installing 4.3, I cannot save any edits back to Lightroom: nothing. When I hit Apply, Luminar just keeps processing and never finishes. Luminar 4.3 is unusable for me. I wish I hadn't installed it. Is there a way to go back to 4.2?

G. Rametta

The 4.3 update on my Mac (10.13.6) when used as a Photoshop plugin (PS version 21.1.2) DOES NOT save. I've tried numerous times, using multiple layers of effects or simply one layer of effect.

After I attempt to apply the effect(s), the "Processing...." box shows, but never completes "processing." Neither does CANCELLING the operation work, nor does switching to the Photoshop window and clicking "Cancel" in the Filter window showing Luminar 4 processing.

Thus, I have to FORCE-QUIT the entire application, thus losing all edits I'd made.

For me, NOTHING is worse than an app that's been released or updated which has not been thoroughly tested and bug-proofed.

All I can do now is uninstall Luminar 4.3 and go back to the Luminar 4 version I bought. That is a hassle and an inconvenience. Meaning once I do that, I'll forgo all your updates from the original version 4 since they're not trouble-free or trustworthy.

Mark Jiaras

I went back to a backup version of 4.2. Then I reinstalled 4.3 and it worked. Not sure what happened, but everything is working fine now.

Helga Rowles

Hi G. Rametta, 

Could you please try reinstalling the Luminar 4 plugin?

1. Make sure Photoshop is closed
    2. Launch Luminar 4.
    3. In the top menu click Luminar 4 > Install Plugins.
    4. Click Uninstall next to Photoshop.
    5. Reboot your Mac and launch Luminar 4.
    6. Click Luminar 4 > Install Plugins.
    7. Click Install next to Photoshop.

If further assistance is needed, please contact us at skylum.com/support. We will be happy to help.

Jay Proffitt

One month ago, I exported a set of photos as jpegs and they exported at 240 DPI, and I do not remember changing any settings. Now, after updating, I am only able to export those same photos at 72 DPI. Where is the option to change the resolution for jpeg files? If this setting isn't available, why is Luminar now exporting at a much lower resolution?

Jay Maynard

This is the same issue reported in the printing thread.  Images are being downgraded by a ton. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.