Xp-Pen tablet compatibility with Luminar 4

Answered

Comments

6 comments

Anastasia Davis

Hi David! Luminar was not tested with this particular model. Thus, we can't guarantee smooth performance. 

Comment actions Permalink
    David Berthiaume

Performance aside, shouldn't it at least WORK? I have the tablet now, and pen pressure works great in Lightroom and Photoshop, but not Luminar 4.3. Would I get pen pressure if I switched to a Wacom tablet?

Kate Williams

Hi David,

I'm afraid not. The thing is that this functionality (different effect depending on the pen pressure) was not implemented in full on Windows. Thus, the Wacom's pen would work only as a mouse (the pressure won't be taken into account). 

We might change that in the future, but for now, there's no ETA. 

David Berthiaume

Wow. OK, well you at least saved me from buying a more expensive tablet. I guess if you're going to continue to treat Windows as a second-class citizen, I will not be updating to v5.

Hi Kate, so are you saying that Windows 10 will not be getting pressure sensitive strokes in Luminar 4. I have the XP Pen 15.6 pro and was hoping that I could finally move away from Lightroom and Photoshop. Will that function be implemented in the new AI program that I have already pre purchased. This could be a game changer for me with regard to keeping the new program when it arrives. I see that you have a partnership with Wacom and offer pressure sensitivity with several programs.  

Mathias Calabotta

I am very disappointed that with Windows 10 I cannot use my X-Pen Deco Pro. I have bought it to use it for photo editing and have to figure out that it doesn't properly work in darktable neither in Luminar. WTF? I sincerely hope that you implement the functionality in Luminar AI.

Please sign in to leave a comment.