Luminar 4.3 (6175) - Buggy Trash and lost context menue

Answered

Comments

5 comments

• Official comment
    Anastasia Davis

Hi Thomas! We appreciate your cooperation. I have just replied to you via email. It is more efficient to investigate and track the case via emails. We will be looking forward to your reply.

Comment actions Permalink
    Thomas Steffen

Hi Anastasia, it might be more efficient to communicate via email, but I will also post the updates here, so that users with the same problem can benefit from it.
    After creating a new catalogue, and importing some Test photos (RAW and JPG), the problem with the trash still presists.
    If i try to empty the trash at once (timestamp 03:51), Luminar shows 0 photos in the main windows, but on the right hand side, Luminar shows still some photos. After switching to another folder and then back to the trash, the rest of the photos will be shown. That's a bug!
    Unfortunately, i couldn't reproduce the problem with the lost context menue.

Here is the new video: https://youtu.be/4yEV6lwIRMk

Best regards
    Thomas

Helena Carter

Hi Thomas Steffen,

We got your email, thanks so much for contacting us with the info. We will get back to you via email as soon as possible.

Thomas Steffen

Update (for other users):
    ===================

The support asked me to try to import the photos from a local drive, instead of importing them from my NAS.

Result:
    =====
    I am importing the images from my NAS (Synology DS216+). When doing the same from a local drive, there seems to be no problems.
    But that's not a solution for me, because i have a lot of photos. That is why they are stored on a NAS.

P.S.: Don't know if it is important, but i upgraded my NAS to 8GB RAM (Default is 2GB).

Best regards
    Thomas

Thomas Steffen

Update (for other users):
    ===================

The support asked me the following things:

Do you import images or add the folder with images?
    How was this drive formatted?
    Could you please check whether you have all read-and-write permissions for this drive?

Try a fresh installation of Luminar 4 and create a new catalog.

Do you experience this issue with the photos, which are located on your NAS only?

My answer:
    =========

When i created a catalogue in Luminar, i added a folder called "Thomas" from my NAS. In this folder, there are many subfolders, "Hiking" for example. If i come back from a new hike, i first create a new subfolder under "Hiking" with the name of the hike. Then i copy all photos into this folder.
    When i start Luminar 4 now, they are all recognized, because they all are subfolders of "Thomas".
    In my NAS are two WD30EFRX HDD's with 3TB each. They are using the ext4 file system in a SHR (Synology Hybrid Raid).
    And yes, i have all admin permissions, because i am logged in as admin.

After reinstalling Luminar 4, i tried in a first step to import only 380 photos in one folder (not shown in this video). When i had chosen to move them to  the trash, all photos were moved to the trash. When i tried to empty the trash, Luminar shows me no photos, either in the trash folder nor in the album.
    BUT:
    When i exit Luminar 4 and navigate to the folder with the deleted photos, i can see that there are still some photos in the folder. When i restart Luminar, the photos (not all, but the left photos) are shown again in my album.
    It seems that Luminar tries to delete the photos in the background, but was interrupted by me when i exit Luminar. Maybe you should consider to add an progress bar, when deleting photos, or let Luminar tell the user that it is still working on some files in the background!

I experience the issue with all of my photos which are located on the NAS.
    I don't have enough space to copy all my photos to my SSD.

Please sign in to leave a comment.