How to know initial import settings from an .auh file

Answered

Comments

4 comments

Helga Egilsdottir

Hi Andrea!

Thank you for your interest in Aurora HDR :)

You can surely check the history of edits on your image by pressing on History button: https://prnt.sc/ttp57x

Before you save the image as .auh file, do not forget to select Save History, so all the adjustments will be available once you reopen the project file: https://prnt.sc/ttp3zi

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Comment actions Permalink

Hi Helga, thank you for your prompt and kind response.

Unfortunately, it seems the editing history keeps track of the edits applied after the original images are imported. What I was looking for are the information on importing parameters (i do not know if this is the right definition) e.g. which is the reference image for ghost reduction or if the chromatic aberration reduction was applied.

What I understand is that those parameters cannot be changed ex-post, though the software seems to re-process the import and HDR merge each time the .auh file is loaded. In addition, the values of those parameters are "lost", meaning that I cannot know, unless I took note separately, if I chose the -1EV or the +1EV (to make an example) image as a reference for ghost reduction, or if I made the program align the images automatically, etc.

I also have another issue: in your answer you linked two screenshots of the Mac version of the software, while I have downloaded and installed the Windows trial version. When saving the file, I cannot find "Save original resources" nor "Save history" checkboxes. Are these options implemented for the Mac version only?

Thanks in advance.

Andrea

Helga Egilsdottir

Thank you, Andrea, for clarifying! Indeed, technically it is not possible to check the importing parameters. Please, note that once you load Aurora project, it does not merge brackets again, since that info has been already saved in the project. Appreciate you bringing this up to our attention. Will make sure to tell our team about this. 

As for the saving options, indeed, looks like those options you saw on screenshots are missing on Windows. Sorry for the misunderstanding. 

Thank you for your answers and sorry for the initial confusion.

Aurora HDR is nevertheless a great software, and I will probably buy the full version soon.

Best,

Andrea

Please sign in to leave a comment.