All photos in Luminar 4 with Catalina 15.15.5 show triangle with exclamation point after weeks of use of the app

Answered

Comments

14 comments

Helga Egilsdottir

Hi Donald Shapiro,

In case you see triangle ! marks on the images, it means that Luminar 4 catalog lost connection with images in Finder. No worries, this connection can be easily restored.

Please, follow the steps below in order to reconnect Luminar 4 catalog with missing folder:

1. Go to the Library tab;

2. Right-click the missing folder;

3. Choose Locate Folder from the drop-down menu: https://prnt.sc/syjwtz;

4. Find and point to the missing folder.

Here is the video tutorial that might also be usefulhttps://www.loom.com/share/818b7c3fac91444a9c28426ff38c82ae 

If this does not help, please, make sure to reach us via https://skylum.com/support. Thank you!

Comment actions Permalink
    Sara Keith

I'm having the exact same issue. It was working fine for weeks, but I upgraded the software today and now all of my photos are disconnected. I created a new catalog and even upon import, the photos have ! marks on them. We're supposed to teach a workshop on Luminar in the next hour...this is awful timing.

Anastasia Davis

Sara Keith Hi! Have you tried following the steps my colleague mentioned above? They should help.

Donald Shapiro

I went to the Library tab.  There are no folders to right-click on. Next?

Donald Shapiro

Following your instructions and illustrations, I go to 'Library', then try to right-click on 'Recently Edited'. Voila! You can't right-click on 'Recently Edited. -- it results in no menu dropdown.

Any other suggestions?

Victoria Grace

Hi Don,

Thanks for the screenshot. Could please specify - have you added your images as single edits or in folders?

Donald Shapiro

Hi Victoria,

Yes, I've added single images and edited them with no problem. So what's with the dozens of pictures I previously edited that now show the '!' symbol and can no longer be edited? Thanks!

Lenore Denbin

i am awaiting this answer always, what's up skylum

Angela Andrieux

Hi Lenore,

Please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support so we can look in to your particular case.

Les Cornwell

I recently (after about one year) upgraded to Catalina (10.15.7). Now I must confess that I had not launched L4 (4.3.0.7031) since upgrading, until this morning. I found all photos I had catalogued with an exclamation mark. I was about to start a new topic in this forum, but then I found the solution as outlined above. Just reconnecting the folders containing the marked photos under the Library tab did the trick. Thanks a lot!

After checking all photos, I still found two individual ones that I had edited through 'Single Image Edits'. It looks like I cannot use the same trick on those two pics.

Kate Williams

Hi Les, 

Glad to hear that the solution worked for the majority of the photos. 

As for the Single Image Edits, are you receiving any errors when trying to locate them? 

Please note that the single image edits are added for processing, but they don't become a part of the Library. They need to be processed as exported, then removed from Single Image Edits or transferred to your Library (i.e. to one of the added folders). 

If you decide you want to keep a Single Image Edits photo in your Library, you can simply drag it onto any of the folders in the Library Sidebar. The original photo will be moved on your hard drive into the corresponding folder in your Library. Then, you'll need to remove it from the Single Image Edits. 

The Single Image edits are not tracked by the application. Therefore, if you rename or change the location of the original file while Luminar isn't running, the Library will lose connection with this image, and there won't be a chance to reconnect lost edits.

Les Cornwell

Hi Kate, thanks for your reply.
    I don't get any errors, because I don't know a way to retrieve them. As opposed to the folders under Folders, a right-click does not give me any menu.
    But now I created a new folder under Folders, which corresponds to a new folder being made on my external drive (where my pictures are located), and dragged the two unlinked photos into the folder that I appropriately named as Luminar4-Single Image Edits and miraculously the two pictures lost their previous 'fuzziness', while the exclamation mark vanished.
    So problem solved, thanks to your help.

I now also have a better understanding about how Single Image Edits work. I was just testing a couple of things (including sky replacement), so losing those edits would not have been too great a loss, but luckily these files now reside elsewhere, whilst the edits I made are saved.

I was having the same issue after migrating to a new Mac Mini.  The suggested technique didn't work but right-clicking on my Pictures folder, removing it from the Catalog and adding it back in worked.

Norm Gilbert

My Luminar 4.3 has been working fine. I tried Luminar AI, hated it, and requested a refund. My copy of AI launched in trial mode and I just quit and deleted it.

All my photos now have the dreaded Exclamation Point in a Triangle in the upper left. The instructions in this thread, like almost all of Luminar Tech Support, are not the least bit helpful.

ALL THE PHOTOS IN THE LIBRARY have the Exclamation Point in the Triangle. I have no idea what the heck you are talking about in trying to find the Missing Folder. There are NO FOLDERS listed under the Folders heading in the library. There is no missing folder, they are all missing.`

Can I restore from Time Machine? This so totally sucks. When you canceled my AI subscription what did you do to screw up my library in Luminar 4.3? I am on Catalina 10.15.7.

Please sign in to leave a comment.