Comments

11 comments

Kristine Winget

Fixed so far.  I used the following suggestion from one of the threads on this site:

1. Make sure Luminar is closed.
    2. Locate your Luminar 4 Catalog folder. The default location is %username%\Pictures\. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    3. Rename the Luminar 4 Catalog folder as well as Luminar 4 Catalog.luminar file inside this folder. Choose any name you like.
    4. Open Finder.
    5. Navigate to Applications > Utilities.
    6. Launch Terminal.
    7. Paste the following string into the Terminal window: defaults delete com.skylum.luminar4
    8. Press Enter on your keyboard.
    9. Close Terminal.
    10. Launch Luminar. Go through the initial setup. Leave the location of the catalog at the default (in Pictures folder). 

Comment actions Permalink
    Victoria Grace

HI Kristine,

Glad to hear you're up and running now!

Iulian Georgescu

Does not work for me.

Wanted to edit from Lightroom and received the update, downloaded the update, installed it, and Luminar cannot be launched.

Tried to uninstall it, download it again, fresh install, nothng. Cannot be turned on as standalone nor as a plugin.

How can i go back o the old version, looks like this new update is useless.

John Houghton

Unstable.

Purchased today and crashed about 20 minutes into first use and has since remained unstable with a maximum time of about 2 minutes before crashing again.

I've attempted all fixes in these threads in addition to the bot solutions on your website, pretty average to spend fair amount of money on an application that, by the looks of it, just won't work. This perception is made worse by the fact that there are templated responses to known issues for the mac product on all these threads. 

I've reached out via email also, if there is no suitable fix for this products performance I'll be asking for a refund, which is a shame because the results were great for the few combined minutes I've been able to use the app. 

Endstate: I just want it to work as advertised. 

Victoria Grace

Hi John,

I'm sorry for the issue you've encountered. We've just sent you an email, please, check your inbox.

David Simons

Posted as well on this thread: 

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360009457720-Luminar-4-3-update-crashes-upon-startup

as follows (the solution provided below did not work!):

Likewise with me: Luminar 4.3 and MacOS 10.15.6.

I was advised by support to do a complete uninstall and re-install which solved the issue on the 1st couple of launches - instructions below*. But today with only two images in my catalogue after the re-install, it crashed again.

The crashes though are random: before the reinstall, it was as soon as it attempted to load the catalogue, other times when I was adjusting a photograph after it had been running for a while.

I have sent another email to 'Kirill' at Luminar support with the crash log from the most recent crash. 

Frankly, I'm p-eed off with Luminar and hope they get these issues resolved.

*Uninstall/re-install instructions provided by Luminar support:

Please try reinstalling the app in the following way:

• Delete the app with AppCleaner. Download AppCleaner from here: http://www.freemacsoft.net/appcleaner 
      Drag Luminar from your Applications folder into the AppCleaner window. When removing Luminar, mark all the files and folders in the list, except for RTW788AXG3.com.skylum.luminar4.

• Go to Pictures -> Luminar 4 Catalog and rename this folder (if you have created the Catalog in another Location, please navigate there and rename the Catalog folder).
    • Open Luminar 4 Catalog folder, locate the file Luminar 4 Catalog.luminar and change its name too. 
    • Go to Application Support (launch Finder > Go > Go to Folder > paste /Library/Application Support/MacPhun Software and delete Luminar4 folder.
    • Go to Terminal and paste: defaults delete com.skylum.luminar4 , then press Enter
    • After that please install Luminar back from the link below:
      https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar4/installer/mac/Luminar4Installer.zip

Here's the video tutorial that can guide you: https://www.loom.com/share/a90db317a56545e9a1d7f1d239e3a8e6 

John Houghton

Prompt support, 

Thank you to Victoria and Anastasia for the quick turn to my email and post on this thread. 

The support team provided good support and managed to assist in making the program run on my Mac. I do need to be patient as it's a little slow but the results are worth it. 

Cheers.

Henric Wangel

I also have hangups and crashes my mac.

If I do above, all my edits and history be lost?!

Margaret Bright

Hi HenricW,

Your previously made edits will still be accessible in your Catalog folder.

You should be able to open your previous catalog via File > Catalog > Open and get back to your edits and history.

Krista Halvorson

My Luminar 4.3.0 has been working fine. The last few days, it'll get stuck on "image processing" and I have to quit and start over. And then today, it started crashing as I tried to export an image. It did it 3 times before I gave up for the night. Any ideas of what to do? I'm on a 2015 MacBook Air.

Victoria Grace

Hi Krista,

Could you please reach our support team via https://skylum.com/support so that out techs could have a deeper look into it?

Please sign in to leave a comment.