19 comments

Paulo Coelho

Ok, just froze and crashed.

Comment actions Permalink
    Paulo Coelho

Now I have zero thumbnails.

Paulo Coelho

Ok I think I found the bug. When it starts up it shows a few thumbnails but, if I scroll down fast, it unloads the thumbnails on top and fails to load more. Scrolling up or down at that point shows a whole set of unloaded squares. This doesn't happen if I scroll down slowly and let them come in as I scroll.

Not only that if I try to open one of photos when in that broken state, it crashes the software so hard I have to open the task manager to terminate it.

Paulo Coelho

Sorry guys, but I don't think this is acceptable for a released non-beta software, on version 4. Returning it.

Robert Becker

I have 4.31 up and running on a win 7 machine BUT when looking through folders that contain many pictures (and in some cases just a few images) the scrolling through the image thumbnails is almost impossible.  The thumbnails do not seem to be in any cache and as a result  scrolling is SO VERY slow and many times the thumbnails just seen to vanish. Trying to re sort the images is almost impossible. Re starting the program sometimes help but not always. Never had this issue with 4.2 or earlier versions. I have rebuilt the catalog, moved the folders, reinstalled the program with no improvement.

As the thumbnails start to appear,  the program should create some cache to store them. 

Paulo Coelho

I agree. I don't understand how you can have literally thousands of full size images loaded on a browser and this software can't handle more than 1 screen of thumbnails?

John Bambury

I'm having the exact same problems on my computer. The thumbnails just won't load after the first page. Some tech support would be helpful.

Austin Miller

Hi all! I am sorry to hear about the inconvenience you have.

Could you please try to increase the virtual memory size to see if the thumbnails are generated quicker - https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to-manage-virtual-memory-pagefile-windows-10,36929.html?

Erwin Kargl

@Austin
    I already reported this to the support. Tried everything with cache and nothing changed.
    Erwin

Bonjour,

J'ai également ce problème avec les vignettes. Mon catalogue est installé sur un disque SSD et mes photos sont stockées sur un deuxième SSD. Les vignettes finissent par apparaître au bout de plusieurs minutes sans que je fasse aucune autre action qu'attendre.

Avec la version 4.2 ça fonctionnait très bien.

John Bambury

Thanks for your help Austin. I made the changes you suggested and unfortunately the problem continues. 

Robson Cesco

Same here.

Luminar 4.2 was OK. But in Luminar 4.3 thumbnails fails. In the beginning, some thumbnails became with strange colors, greenish. After close and opens the software several times, all the thumbnais became black.

Plus... 4.3 became VERY slow to edit and navigate. 

Plus... 4.3 blur the image when some edit bars is moving.

Victoria Grace

Hi Robson,

Could you please reach us via https://skylum.com/support so that our techs could have a deeper look into it?

Hi Skylum

Having the same problem 4.2 was fine but now thumbnails are a huge problem in the workflow. I have plenty of RAM  and a fast processor and have done as you suggested with the virtual memory but no difference. To summarise it was working really well with 4.2 but now its like what's happened. Help. Kevin

Helena Carter

Hi Member,

Please, reach us via https://skylum.com/support so we could investigate the issue.

bill komissaroff

This still happens to me all the time.  Constantly have to open and close the program....also the main reason why I switched to Capture One and haven't looked back. 

Helena Carter

Hi bill komissaroff,

Could you please specify if you have even contacted us with this issue via https://skylum.com/support?

Nicholas S

I`m having the same issue. 

This thread was open about one year ago and there is no fixes??

Angela Andrieux

Hi Nicholas,

There are several things that can cause thumbnails not to load. We kindly ask that you contact us at www.skylum.com/support so we can take a look at your particular case. 

Please sign in to leave a comment.