Luminar 4 wont launch after 4.3.0 update

Answered

Comments

240 comments

Steve Daggar

I got the link from here https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360009185639-Luminar-4-download

4.3 offline installer is called Luminar4Setup_offline_430.exe

while 4.2 is called Luminar4Setup_offline.exe

Comment actions Permalink
    Steve Daggar

tried a few more things this morning, switching off antivirus during install & launch attempt, massive increase in windows page file size, still no luck. Back to 4.2 again

Helena Carter

Hi Everyone.

Here are the alternate installers for Luminar 4.3.0

Please, try using them and let us know how it goes:

Mac Full: https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar4/mac/Luminar4.dmg

Win Full: https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar4/win/Luminar4Setup_offline.exe

Przemysław Wiktorczyk

Helena Carter
    Versions of 4.3 which you posted are not working. If you are from support please share 4.2 version.

All above informations, that Luminar4Setup_offline.exe is 4.2 version is not true. I checked each avaialble version.

Only 4.1.1 is working, which I shared few posts above.

Steve Daggar

Przemysław Wiktorczyk I can assure you I downloaded Luminar4Setup_offline.exe from the link I posted & it is most definitely the offline installer for version 4.2. I also downloaded the offline installer for 4.3 from a different url and it is called Luminar4Setup_offline_430.exe. This was 2 days ago. 

Przemysław Wiktorczyk

Steve Daggar unfortunately I downloaded from link, which you provided and my version is 4.3 :D

I found 4.1.1. so it's not bad, because I can work :)

Hey Steve,

I'm getting the same weird thing. So I uninstalled Luminar, made sure all the files are gone in program files, also delete the Luminar 4 folders in the following hidden folders, ProgramData, and Roaming folder under AppData. Then restarted.

Downloaded the offline installer for version 4.2 linked in this thread, ran the installer. When Luminar 4 launches after the installation is complete, it gets stuck at the splash screen and the version number in the splash screen is version 4.3.0 (6175).

So either the source we are downloading from was changed to be the offline installer for version 4.3, or there is residual data cached somewhere, and when we run the installer it just installs the latest version again.

Not sure, the support team should weigh in here.

Steve Daggar

Member Skylum must have changed the source code. Because I have tried 4.3, gone back to 4.2 many times now. Prob at least 10 and never had a problem with the 4.2 offline installer. Currently happily using 4.2. I think Skylum made a post with the offline download links today, so instead of using my link, try the 1 they put on today

(Sigh) I tried the official link and the link you posted.  

Lightroom it is

Ian Morgan

Well and truly had enough of trying different links/installs etc. Wasting time and all to no avail.

Like many, I'm currently without a working Luminar app, and I guess the longer I'm without, the less I will miss it!

It was good while it lasted but the longer this issue persists the less confidence I have re using the app long term (future release integrity etc).

I'm just trying to execute Luminar in Win10 as an app on it's own, I don't use Photoshop, I'm a  CaptureOne user.

I had the same issue, Luminar would not launch from the Photoshop filter menu but would would launch ok as a stand alone program,

The option to install Luminar 4 as a plug-in was not presented when i ran the installer.

I got this from the maunal,

https://manual.skylum.com/4/en/topic/installing-plug-ins

Everything working fine.

Steve Daggar

Skylum have well and truly screwed up with this update

호종 이

대체용 설치파일도 4.3.0(6175)

호종 이

4.2를 주세요

Steve Daggar

Member thats not the same issue I'm describing and many others here are describing.I did have the option to install plugins during install, but 4.3 will not launch after install standalone or as plugin

Ian Morgan

@member They have a support team?! Where's your evidence?

Ian Morgan

Oh yeh, sorry forgot about FaceBook support!

Ian Morgan

Adios Skylum

Lior Nabat

Same here,

How come, you release a software without proper QA ?

Now I'm stuck and pissed off.

Bruno Pinto

To me it says i need to have internet connection :\

Bruno Pinto

This are lines on my hosts file

0.0.0.0 auth.macphun.com
    0.0.0.0 luminar3win.update.skylum.com
    0.0.0.0 luminar3.s3-accelerate.amazonaws.com
    0.0.0.0 luminar4win.update.skylum.com
    0.0.0.0 luminar4.s3-accelerate.amazonaws.com
    0.0.0.0 stats-api.skylum.com
    0.0.0.0 geotargetly-1a441.appspot.com
    0.0.0.0 fx.macphun.com
    0.0.0.0 canonicalizer.ucsuri.tcs
    0.0.0.0 api.photolemur.com

Miguel A. García Quelle

The same issue here, this is a shame, i can´t beleive that i need desinstall and reinstall and even doesn´t work.

Definitly guys you need apologize and give us a reliable update, don´t treate so bad.

Miguel.

Bruno Pinto

I've just changed the ips 0.0.0.0 to

127.0.0.1 auth.macphun.com
    127.0.0.1 luminar3win.update.skylum.com
    127.0.0.1 luminar3.s3-accelerate.amazonaws.com
    127.0.0.1 luminar4win.update.skylum.com
    127.0.0.1 luminar4.s3-accelerate.amazonaws.com
    127.0.0.1 stats-api.skylum.com
    127.0.0.1 geotargetly-1a441.appspot.com
    127.0.0.1 fx.macphun.com
    127.0.0.1 canonicalizer.ucsuri.tcs
    127.0.0.1 api.photolemur.com

and for now it seems that is working

Mike Phillips

I've restored just the Luminar folder from a backup I made a couple of weeks ago, and 4.2 works now. The Skylum folder in 'Programs' holds the Luminar folder. If you rename that file (just in case), and copy the backup file over, it should now work.

I was worried that there may have been some ancillary libraries copied elsewhere, but all seems to be good.

Just remember not to run the update when it asks you next time you start 4.2!

John Gill

I had the same problem with the 4.3 update not launching in Photoshop. I restarted Luminar as admin rather than standard user and reinstalled the plugin from there. Worked for me afterwards.

Helena Carter

Hi guys,

We're sorry to hear that some of you encountered the issue with an update. We really want to help you with this. Please, reach us via https://skylum.com/support and we'll do our best to assist you.

Robin Muir

The best way you can help is to acknowledge you have a problem with 4.3 and are urgently working on a patch. In the meantime, please provide a working link to 4.2, NOT 4.3, so that we can uninstall 4.3 and use 4.2 until you fix it.

You obviously DO have a problem with 4.3 because so many users are having the exact same issue. Rather than keep asking individual users to contact support, your time would be better spent sorting out a fix. Thanks.

Keith New

I second (or 538th) that.... I just submitted a ticket but we all have the same issue. I need to get this working quickly or will be forced to purchase an alternative. Just give us a working link to 4.2 in the near-term so we can function. Thanks.. 

Pierre Cadieux

One more, same problem....

I won't submit a ticket to tech support.

They should be aware of the situation with all the paying users reporting the same issue.

Skylum should provide us with a working software and give us a discount for what we already paid.

Peter van der Ploeg

same problem for me, What a mess.

Please sign in to leave a comment.