Luminar 4 wont launch after 4.3.0 update

Answered

Comments

240 comments

• Official comment
    Margaret Bright

Allow me to share a direct download link for this test build that our team has created:

https://downloads.skylum.com/luminar4/win/4.3.0/Luminar_4_430_6886.zip 

You'll get a .zip folder with a pre-installed copy of Luminar. Extract the folder from the .zip. Make sure the files are extracted to a new folder.

Check out this page if you need help extracting the file:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14200/windows-compress-uncompress-zip-files

After you've successfully extracted the folder, open it, locate Luminar4.exe, right-click it and click Run As Administrator.

I really hope it works for all of you!

Comment actions Permalink
    Steve Daggar

I found install file for previous version. So uninstalling and will try install of prev version. 

Steve Daggar

that didnt work. still installed version 4.3.0 & it still hangs

Steve Daggar

downloaded full offline installer for 4.2.0 from link mentioned here https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360009185639-Luminar-4-download  This installed ok and is working again. Feeling a bit masochistic, when the prompt to update to 4.3.0 appeared, I thought lets give it 1 more try. So I shut ps & LR down and started Luminar stand alone and let it do the update. Installed ok & on 1st start, so far hanging 5 mins or so.....will give it 30 another 30mins before giving up & going back to 4.2.0 and staying there

Steve Daggar

ended up leaving it 1hr and it never launched, so uninstalled and back to 4.2.0

Kirk Osborn

Hi! 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Please send us event logs via https://skylum.com/support so we could investigate this issue further:

1. Reproduce the issue.
    2. Press the Windows logo key + R.
    3. Type eventvwr in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    4. In the window that opens click the triangle next to Windows Logs on the left. A directory tree should open.
    5. Click Application in the directory tree. 
    6. In the main part of the window find the two topmost entries marked with Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime.
    7. Hold CTRL and click your left mouse button on each entry to select them both.
    8. Right-click on any of the two selected entries and click Save Selected Events.
    9. Name the file, save it, and attach it to your reply to this email.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Stephen Ban

I'm having the same issue with 4.3.

Looks like Skylum screwed the pooch on this update.

Don't ship before it's ready, guys.

Ken Parnell

Same as everyone else, update stalls tried three times and 16 hours later back to the previous version

Steve Daggar

still no good for me even after uninstall, clean registry, install via offline install

Steve Daggar

I humbly suggest marking a post as answered only if the answer provided has resolved the issue would be a better idea

John Smith

Me too. Same problem. Is it really possible that they don't do even a simple test to see that their plugins work? It's a pretty fundamental aspect of the program. Very disappointing.

John Smith

I uninstalled and re-installed the plug-in directly in Luminar and then went to LR and re-selected the respective program (Gigapixel, SharpenAI) in the external editor settings and now it works again.

I still don't appreciate that I have to spend my limited time to do this!

Austin Miller

Hi John. Please note that when the new update is installed the plugins for Lightroom or Photoshop should be also updated. Could you please specify if you have got the pop-up window saying that the plugins will be updated while launching Luminar 4?

Robin Muir

Seriously pi$$ed off. Had a perfectly working version 4.2, 'updated' to version 4.3. Now, like many others, stuck on the splash screen. It is patently obvious, given the number of people in the same situation, that this program WAS NOT READY FOR release and HAS NOT been properly tested. Skylum, please take some responsibility and fix this problem, thanks.

At the very least, please provide an offline version of 4.2 so that I can at least try to roll back and use the program I PAID A LOT OF MONEY FOR!!!

Przemysław Wiktorczyk

WTF???

I updated Luminar 4.2 to 4.3 and I'm not able to start it.

After reinstallation I'm not able start again. How did you test this app? 

No I'm not able to use it, when I have to use it. Even offline version which should be 4.2 is 4.3.

Same for me, after update to 4.3 Luminar does not start and stuck on the splash screen

there are no Error named Application Error and .NET Runtime in the eventlog

Przemysław Wiktorczyk

This is a bullshit. I'm using Luminar since it was published. This app is not a cheap. I need to use know, because I need to publish article. 

Philip Opdebeeck

offline version is 4.3 instead of 4.2, ???

4.3 does not launch in PS 2020, 4.2 worked fine

please don't release an update that does not work

so how do we get the 4.2 again? 

Philip Opdebeeck

I just uninstalled 4.3 and installed 4.2 again (I found the installer on a backup drive), but when launching it turns into 4.3 ??

so nothing works now, no solo launch and no launch in PS 2020

skylum, what's going on?

Przemysław Wiktorczyk

I suppose you have online installer which is around 3MB. So it has no matter, you will always download latest version

Philip Opdebeeck

Ah thanks, I didn't know

It seems to work as bad as the first PS 2020 update, that was a disaster too

Dear Dev Team,
    Version 4.2 worked great, version 4.3 hangs on tight at the splash screen... doesn't work...
    Its 11 pm at night and I need to have images edited by the morning, now your program doesn't work, this is a very costly mistake!

Please in the future, have an offline version history, for this exact scenario, if there are bugs with the latest update that we can rollback a version quickly and get back to work. 

Daniel O'Brien

I didn't have any problems at all other than the plugins not getting updated during the update.  But after closing Photoshop and Lightroom down, I could uninstall the plugins, then reinstall them and now everything is working just fine.

Seems pretty speedy and peppy too.  Good job Skylum!

Robin Muir

Daniel, you may be one of the lucky ones. Unfortunately for a very large number of others, the program is completely broken and unusable. NOT a good job Skylum!

Courtney Chen

I am having the same problem as everyone here. The splash screen hangs and freezes. please give some advice to how to get back 4.2. when I uninstall 4.3 it automatically goes back to the new version 

Hey Steve, just downloaded the offline installer (Link you provided), and its the offline installer for version 4.3.0.6175..  :(

Steve Daggar

thats odd. I downloaded from that & have 4.2 offline installer. so at moment I have both 4.2 & 4.3 offline installers downloaded

I don't know, post a google drive link.. haha

Hopefully, the dev team will fix it quickly.

Keith New

Same boat... stuck on splash screen... And Im in the middle of a project. What a mess!

Please sign in to leave a comment.