Luminar 4.3 now crops raw images automatically?

Answered

Comments

6 comments

• Official comment
    Helga Rowles

Hi Doug!

Could you please send one of your ORF files to skylum.com/support?

Here's how you can send us the file.

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into your support request at skylum.com/support.
      Please attach a link to the post too. Thank you in advance!
    Comment actions Permalink
    Doug Chamberlin

Done.

In sending the RAW files I noticed that these are created using High-Res mode on the camera. That may be relevant in determining the problem. Hope you figure it out quickly!

Helga Rowles

Thanks for the additional information - it is relevant, indeed. The thing is that Luminar doesn't support High-Res files at the moment.
    However, I will be sure to pass your vote on to our developers.

Doug Chamberlin

Ok, so if it is not supported then why does it seem to work? Much better to just stop and say it is not supported!

I am now on the fence with Slylum and Luminar. I am actively looking at alternatives. This is because of this situation and others which all add up to: You just are not doing a good enough job handling the evolution of the product, especially the thin trail of responses to customers which are mostly "Thanks for your report. We will be looking at it."

I know rolling out a new update is expensive, but if this is not fixed within a month, I'm gone.

With your example, the zoom ratio is 13% with jpg and 20% with RAW file.

Doug Chamberlin

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. In each case, the image shown in the examples is the whole image that is available for editing. Editing the raw file just does not show as much of the image, regardless of any zooming you try.

Skylum has confirmed this and said that they simply do not support high-resolution (hand-held, high-resolution mode) images from this camera despite also saying that they have included this camera in their supported list with the 4.3 update. so, they "sort of" support this camera's raw files.

Please sign in to leave a comment.