Luminar 4 requires a PC reboot after every use.

Answered

Comments

5 comments

Roy Blackwell

I was having the same issue on my Windows 10 Dell laptop. Using "run as administrator" solved the issue on my machine.

Comment actions Permalink
    John Hummel

Yea I tried that already. That was actually the first thing i thought to try, but still no change. Thanks for responding though.

Roy Blackwell

Just in case, be sure you tried this after rebooting. Check Task Manager to be sure Luminar is not hung up. Once set to run as administrator, rebooting is no longer required to get the app to run again after it is closed. 

John Hummel

Yep, I have already tried this after rebooting. It definitely isn't hanging still when trying to open it again because I have to use the task manager to kill it once it doesn't open and just sits at the splash screen. The annoying part is that when its sitting there at the splash screen, it isn't even using any resources. Its almost like its not even trying to open. The cpu usage sits at like .3% and the ram usage is like 2 MB. Super annoying.

Helena Carter

Hi Everyone,

Please, refer to this thread. We gathered all the steps which helped some of our customers with the same issue there. Also, there are some steps with the info our Support Team will need for troubleshooting the issue if nothing helps. Let us know how it works for you under this thread so we'll have everything in one place:

https://community.skylum.com/hc/en-us/community/posts/360009453700-Luminar-4-hangs-on-the-splash-screen-after-the-update-solutions

Please sign in to leave a comment.