Problems with new 4.3.0 update not lauching

Answered

Comments

18 comments

Larry Moore

I don't use Bitdefender, but most AV applications allow you to add files to an exception list. You might try and see if that will prevent the crashes. See link below.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/13427/

Comment actions Permalink
    Robert Davis

OK thanks Larry I'll try that.

Margaret Bright

In case the issue persists, please get in touch with our support team at https://skylum.com/support.

Our team will help you resolve this.

Robert Davis

Yes, it appears to be definitely Bitdefender antivirus 2020. I tried putting Luminar 4 into the Bitdefender exceptions and although I did that Luminar still won't launch from the intro page until I turn off Bitdefender, then it launches. Bitdefender support have got back to me and mentioned to turn everything off which is what I have done. 

In my case, it definitely is BitDefender that's taken a dislike to the latest Luminar 4 update, I'm curious to see if others have Bitdefender virus plus 2020 and whether they are encountering the same problem?

Can I roll back Luminar 4 to the previous version?

Or it appears I may have to switch off BitDefender to use Luminar 4?

Erwin Kargl

Tried out with the AV Avast deactivated, but L4 4.3 still not open!

Erwin

Austin Miller

Hi all!

First, please try the following solution:

If the issue remains, try increasing Page File size, here's how you can do that on Windows 10 - https://www.thewindowsclub.com/increase-page-file-size-virtual-memory-windows

If the issue persists, please reach us via skylum.com/support so we can further investigate the issue.

Let us know how it goes!

Erwin Kargl

Hi Austin,

everthing the support told me did not work ... replied to them a minute ago.

Windows Defender is off:

I tried already Luminar 4 in the exclude list of Avast AND Avast completely shut down ... but nothing helped.

Please provide a working Luminar 4.3

Erwin

Erwin Kargl

So ... i changed the virtual memory

And Luminar 4.3 still not launching.

Please provide a working Luminar 4.3

Erwin

Erwin Kargl

Avast deactivated, firewall off, still same sh***

Please provide a working Luminar 4.3.

Erwin

Victor Feinstein

Hi,

This is not the first time you are sending an update without checking it.

The Luminar 4.3 update is not launching 

Angela Andrieux

Hi Victor,

Please try my colleague's instructions above. If the problem persists, please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support so we can look in to your particular case.

Erwin Kargl

Hi Angela,
    I think you missed something! It's not a "particular case", it's up to Skylum to deliver a working software.
    So...
    Please provide a working Luminar 4.3.

Being really angry right now.
    Erwin

Victor Feinstein

Hi,

The only way the Luminar 4.3 is working is the compatibility mode. When marking this mode under Luminar properties it solve the problem and the program is working.

Helena Carter

Hi Erwin Kargl,

We got your email and we will reply to you as soon as possible. We're sorry you're facing issues.

Victor Feinstein,

For us to look deeper into the issue, we would need to take a deeper look into it. Please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support so we could check everything.

Victor Feinstein

Hi Erwin,

It is my pleasure, enjoy the software and I hope the next update will be painless.

Victor

Delaney Fearon

I currently have the same issue with the 4.3.0 update.  It hasn't worked since I installed it.  I am running windows 10 on a brand new system that MORE than meets the specs required.  (amd ryzen 9 3800x with 32 gigs of ddr4 3200 ram and and rtx 2060 super).  I have tried the things in the above posts but the truth is we shouldn't have to.  When you purchase software it should be tested before updates are released.  Please fix this mess.

Anastasia Davis

Hi Delaney Fearon! I am sorry to hear about your experience. You are totally right that you should receive a flawless product that works on your device. We are investigating the issue. Meanwhile, we recommend you to roll back to 4.2.0.

Please sign in to leave a comment.