Does not recognise Lightroom is installed so will not install plug-in (same for Luminar)

Comments

21 comments

Trevor Phillips

First of all, please make sure that Lightroom is closed.

Use the link below to download the plug-in for LR

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2yd41l96kaflevf/Aurora2017Export.lrplugin.zip?dl=0 

Once the download is complete, please open Finder, go to Downloads folder, select and copy (Command+C) file called Aurora2017Export.lrplugin

Then, please use key combination Command+Shift+G and input the following path:

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules/ and hit Go.

Paste (Command+V) the copied file into this folder.

Access Aurora HDR 2017 from Adobe Lightroom in the following way:

• When viewing an Image in either the Library or Develop modules: 

• Right-click on the image > Export > Export to Aurora HDR 2017 > You have the option to Open Original Images or, if you've made any changes in Lightroom that you'd like Aurora HDR 2017 to use, you can also choose Use .TIFF with Lightroom adjusters.

After applying adjustments in Aurora HDR 2017, your photo should appear in Lightroom's Catalog > All Photographs. 

The edited image will be the last one in the list.

Comment actions Permalink
    J Daniel Jones

this worked for me for Aurora but having the same problem with Luminar.  Can you provide link to Luminar plug in.  Also why did this happen and is there anything else that needs to be considered?

Julia Kot Kot

Hi! 

Use this link to download the plug-in for LR.

Be sure to click "Download" button in the upper right corner. 

Once the download is complete, please open Finder, go to Downloads folder, unzip the file, select and copy (Command+C) the plug-in file (.lrplugin) 

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules/ and hit Go.

Paste (Command+V) the copied plug-in file into this folder.

Then download the template for Lightroom with this link

Once the download is complete, please open Finder, go to Downloads folder, unzip the file, select and copy (Command+C) the file. (.lrtemplate)

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/External Editor Presets/ and hit Go.

Access Luminar app from Adobe Lightroom by right-clicking on a photo > Edit in > choose the app.

Let me know how it works.

J Daniel Jones

Is a template file needed for Aurora.  Is there a similar file needed for Aurora18

Angela Andrieux

Hi J Daniel Jones,

Aurora HDR doesn't need templates.

William Dore

I followed the instructions above to manually install Luminar 2017 as a plug in to Lightroom Classic CC.  I put the files in the correct place.  It does not work.  When I right click in LR and choose "Edit in", Luminar is not there.  Even re-tried, re-booting etc, nothing.

In Luminar when I look at the plug ins, it has installed OK for Photoshop CC but it states Lightroom is not installed.  Hence the attempt to manually install.

All this begs the question - does Luminar 2017 1.2.2 (4749) even work with the above version of Lightroom (7.3.1)??

Very frustrating, a quick solution would be helpful.

Julia Kot Kot

Hi William,

Use the link below to download the plug-in for LR:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pg8xoywo6qfbsxx/LuminarExport.lrplugin.zip?dl=0 

Once the download is complete, please open Finder, go to Downloads folder, unzip the file, select and copy (Command+C) the plug-in file (.lrplugin

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules/ and hit Go.

Then download the template for Lightroom with this link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dd923asybge207y/Luminar.lrtemplate.zip?dl=0 

Once the download is complete, please open Finder, go to Downloads folder, unzip the file, select and copy (Command+C) the file. (.lrtemplate)

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/External Editor Presets/ and hit Go.

Access Luminar app from Adobe Lightroom by right-clicking on a photo > Edit in > choose the app.

William Dore

I advised your support team via email earlier, this does NOT work for me.  Very frustrating.

Angela Andrieux

Hi William,

Thank you for letting support know via email that this solution didn't work for you. They will be in touch (if they haven't already) with additional troubleshooting ideas and will help you get up and running as soon as possible.

Ronald Fornelli

I'm having the same problem as William Dore.  I have a brand new iMac 27 Inch running High Sierra with an Intel i5 processor with 16 gigs of RAM. I have Photoshop Lightroom classic CC.  I've followed all of your steps and then some.  Can someone get back with me to help me install these plugins!?!?!??!

Edmundo Oliver

Hello @Angela Andrieux, @Julia Kot, the issue at hand is that the new CC doesn't have the last part of the directory address: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom CC/ and that's where it ends. In other words, there is no ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules

Is it advisable to create the directory /~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/External Editor Presets/ in order to Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V the file?

Angela Andrieux

@Ronald - as the steps above did not solve the issue, please send an email to support@skylum.com with your computer specs (click on Apple Logo in the top left corner of your screen, select About This Mac > make a screenshot Command+Shift+3) and we'll get it sorted out.

@Edmundo - Are using Lightroom CC or Lightroom Classic CC?

Edmundo Oliver

Thank you for coming back, Angela,

I am using Lightroom CC. I also noticed that the same is happening for Snapheal CK (as in not recognizing Lightroom)

I have both versions of Lr. One has just the "Lightroom" name and the other has a "Lightroom CC", I am attaching an image of the directory with the expanded folders:

Angela Andrieux

Hi Edmundo - So, unfortunately Lightroom CC does not support plugins. You can only do that with Lightroom Classic CC. However, if you have Photoshop installed here is a workaround: https://photofocus.com/2017/10/24/how-to-use-plugins-with-the-new-lightroom-cc/

Edmundo Oliver

I see, thank you, Angela, looking forward to the full support from Adobe!

Jason Wolf

Hello @Angela Andrieux

I am having a similar problem as @Edmundo above. However, my issue is with Adobe Lightroom Classic CC. The article you referenced above states that Lightroom classic CC fully supports macphun and luminar plugins, however the directory paths mentioned in previous support posts on this thread do not exist on my computer.

This path: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules  does not exist. I cannot find "Modules" in any folder under adobe software on my mac. Is there another directory I should be looking for?

I've attached a screenshot of my folder directories.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Jason,

Before we dig too far, can you confirm that you opened Luminar as a standalone and tried the Luminar 2018 menu > Install Plugins?

When doing that, please make sure Lightroom is closed.

After installing the plugin please restart your computer and then launch Lightroom and access the plugin via File > Export with Preset > Luminar 2018 (you'll be able to choose between using a copy with your Lightroom edits or editing the original raw).

Markus Gröteke

I'm having the same issue with LR classic and photoshop CC and luminar 3. the current version does not recognize these as installed. i am managing all adobe sofware with the CC extension and all sofwrae is up to date. i am using a non standard location on my primary boot drive, however - a "production/adobe" path instead of the standard "/applications" folder.

running macos 10.12.6 - english version here.

please help fixing this, it is frustrating not to be able to use luminar from LR or PS...

Angela Andrieux

Hi Markus,

You can install the plugins manually using the instructions below. You may need to modify the paths listed to work with your non-standard setup.

Lightroom

1. Make sure Lightroom is closed.
    2. Open Finder, click Go > Go to Folder and paste the following path: /Library/Application Support/MacPhun Software/Luminar3/Plug-Ins/. There will be a bunch of files in there, the ones you're interested in have the following extensions: .lrplugin and .lrtemplate.
    3. Open a new Finder tab or window and click Go > Go to Folder one more time and navigate to the following path: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules/
    4. Copy the .lrplugin into the folder that you opened in Step 3.
    5. Click Go > Go to Folder one more time and navigate to the following path: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/External Editor Presets/
    6. Copy the .lrtemplate file into the folder that you opened in Step 5.

You may  be asked whether you'd like to overwrite the existing file in the folder or keep both, choose to overwrite in all cases.

Photoshop

1. Make sure Photoshop is closed.
    2. In Finder please click Go > Go to Folder and paste the following path: /Library/Application Support/MacPhun Software/Luminar3/Plug-Ins/. There will be a bunch of files in there, the one you're interested in is Luminar3Plugin.plugin.
    3. Open a new Finder tab or window and navigate to Applications/your_version_of_Phothoshop/Plug-ins/Filters/
    4. Copy Luminar3Plugin.plugin into the folder that you opened in Step 3.
    5. Launch Photoshop and see if you have Luminar 3 under Filter > Skylum Software.

If you need further assistance please contact us at www.skylum.com/support.

Markus Gröteke

thank you, worked perfectly! ;-)

Angela Andrieux

You're very welcome, Markus! :-)

Please sign in to leave a comment.