How to blur the background

Answered

Comments

12 comments

• Official comment
    Angela Andrieux

Hi,

In addition to Egidio's suggestions, I would also suggest trying Creative > Glow > Soft Focus.

Since Luminar doesn't have a specific "blur" tool, a combination of these tools is often necessary to get the desired effect.

Comment actions Permalink
    Egidio Leitao

I often use four sections in Luminar 4 to blur areas on a photo. You can use one or all and you can even add another layer and redo the process. These are the sections I use:

(1) Structure

(2) Details

(3) Mystic

(4) Orton effect

Egídio
    Through Brazilian Eyes

Huw Parry

Macphun, now Skylum, used to have a fantastic tool called 'Focus' for exactly this purpose. Sadly Skylum they choose to discontinue it. Cant see why it couldn't be built into Luminar :(

h

Lynne Pariseau

can you still use it if you launch it from Creative package?

Lynne Pariseau

Actually I just ran it from the Creative Kit which I have installed as plug in in Photoshop Elements.

Huw Parry

But I don't think it is available to new customers?

marc labro

yes, ridiculous Skylum team is not able to copy paste their blur tools we are expecting for years on win10 machines.

every basic tool takes a lot of time to come in Luminar.

Anastasia Davis

Hi Huw! You are right, Focus CK is our legacy app. We are not selling it anymore.

marc labro

we know, Anastasia, but now we need to use other softwares to do that while the source code is in your hands, ready to be used inside luminar.

we need to blur clouds, background, make miniature with tilt shift,... and structure, orton,... are not intended to do that same way.

as said, blur and transform tools are really expected by users.

Kind regards

marc

Lenny Verkhovsky

I also found some movies on youtube how to blur background, but looks like 'filter' option that was avaliable in Luminar 2018 is not in layers options in Luminar4.

@Skylum Team,

Please, try to avoid removing useful features. 

Pierre Mongeau

I absolutely agree! Why not integrate a tool like Focus in the new version of Luminar IA. Disappointing, very disappointing.

Lynne Pariseau

I agree with Pierre -- it was an excellent tool

Please sign in to leave a comment.