Promised notification campaign?

Comments

21 comments

Julia Kot Kot

Hi!
    We keep our promises and never give up on our users. The thing is that tools and features mentioned above are being developed and believe me, we want them released as much as our users do. You've probably heard it hundreds of times but high-quality and well-thought concepts need the most valuable resource - time.  

Comment actions Permalink
    Guy Meacham

Yes but you guys told us there was going to be a new notification campaign to keep us all better informed of developments to updates and fixes. It was mentioned in several posts after the last update. Has this plan now been shelved?

That's my question Julia.

Thanks.

Peter Marxen
    I think things have been promised that are currently not possible. What is the current state of DAM? In which month can we expect more information?
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Guy,

No, the campaign hasn't been shelved. We will release more info as soon as possible and appreciate your patience.

Guy Meacham

Angela thank you for the answer because I was beginning to wonder if BOTS were now answering these posts! Re Julia Kot's earlier reply (word for word):

Angela Andrieux

Hi Guy,

I can assure you that none of our answers come from bots :) There is a person behind each message posted by the Skylum Team. However, there are certain questions that we answer often that we copy and paste from previous responses to save time. I apologize if this caused any problems!

Angela Andrieux

Hi Peter - 

The DAM is still in active development but we are on track to release it later this year as promised.

Peter Marxen

Hi Angela,

thank your for your response. Which Quarter of this year is your target? Q3 or Q4? Is it possible to know if i can import Lightroom-catalogues into the DAM? So i can decide to use the plugins insteed waiting for the DAM.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Peter,

I know it isn't the answer you're looking for, but I can't release a timeline to the public quite yet, other than confirming that it will be this year. As for LR catalogs, we know many of our users are currently using Lightroom and that we’ll do our best to make the transition as painless as possible, but we will release more details closer to the launch. 

Morten Erbs

Well I must say, that it is a bit worrying, that ½ a year after the release date you are still not able to give users at least a  timeline for upcoming fixes not to mention the promised dam tool.

I think it is fair to say, that you´ve had quite an amount of time to find out how to deal with the differences between the Mac and Windows version of Luminar, and I would have expected to know by now when we can expect a fully functional program for Windows (since it was not the April update).

Can You at least give us a hint of when the notification campaign will come?

Denis Kotsee

Hi Morten, the notification campaign is already in the works. It's taking some time because we want to make sure we develop an approach that is both comprehensive and easy to follow. DAM is right around the corner, we're already at the final stages of development. We'll release more info on other features that are going to bring Windows and Mac to parity in the notification campaign.

Morten Erbs

Well, this is an example of misinformation:

Angela states (concerning DAM, see above) that she can't release a timeline to the public quite yet, other than confirming that it will be this year.

vs. 

Denis replies above that DAM is right around the corner.

And you didn´t answer my question about when the notification campaign will come? - just around the corner or later this year? - which I quess is probably the same...

Denis Kotsee

Surely, 'around the corner' and 'later this year' could mean the same thing, or not. I can't release the timeline to the public either but, since I'm in closer contact with developers than Angela is, I I'm able to share a bit more. As for the notification campaign - I'll be honest, there's no timeline yet. It will be done when it's done.

Guy Meacham

So to summarize the DAM is just around the corner some time before 12/31/2018 and the promised new notification campaign is "already in the works" with "no timeline" and "will be done when it's done". Well I'm glad we got that sorted out..

Denis Kotsee

You're just looking to get me fired for breaking the confidentiality policy, Guy :)

I can't tell you the exact date but the DAM is coming much sooner than you think. The release date is closer to today than to 12/31/2018.

I'm sorry to keep you in the dark like this.

Peter Marxen

Hi Dennis,

cool that you are not a Bot ;-)

Jub De

About the windows DAM, I can give you guys an idea how to know when it will be released.

Here's the tip... Sometime January it was floated on Skylum Photography that the dam for Mac will be around May 2018. Will the Mac Dam be released thia May? If they will be then the Win Dam will be coming before 1 Dec 2018.

Peter Marxen

Hi Jub,

please add the source for this information.

Jub De

I have mentioned it already. Skylum photography. It was a post of a skylum boss shared by the skylum ceo on the skylum photography.

Anton Zvanut

Murphy's Law of Thermodynamics:
    Things get worse under pressure.

However: no pressure, no change.

Peter Marxen

@Jub

please post the link as source...

Please sign in to leave a comment.