Not as sharp as original

Comments

6 comments

Julia Kot Kot

Hi Graham, 

For now, there is an issue with Denoise tool, it will be fixed in the next patch.

But I would also ask you to send us the screenshot of the issue described. 

Thanks in advance!

Comment actions Permalink
    Graham E

Thanks for your reply julia.

I will add the original (No 1) and the luminar  version (No 2)

I dont use denoise as a rule unless there is some noise on the photo.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Graham,

Excellent photo!

Perhaps it is just the smaller resolution of the web, but the Luminar version looks sharper to me.

When you say SOOC, how are you previewing the images? Often previews of raw photos will show the jpg preview that you see on your camera's LCD screen, to which the camera has applied its own sharpening. Conversely, with raw files there is no sharpening applied. When you open in Luminar in order to get similar sharpening as the jpg preview you'll likely need to add the Sharpening Filter. (I recommend doing this after you do your tone/saturation edits.

Let me know if this helps.

Graham E

Hi,

Sorry I wasn`t that clear, I meant looking at the photos on my PC monitor.

As the sharpening tool is on the filters it always gets applied last. (maybe it could get added to the workspace area of tools) 

Thanks

Graham

Julia Kot Kot

Sure, you can create your Custom workspace and add there the filters you use the most.

K.G. Wuensch

Maybe you ran into the automatic noise reduction, which according to the release notes a few versions back:

• RAW image improvements. Luminar does a better job of detecting noise in a raw file and automatically fixing it when you open to a photo.  DNG file support is also improved for easier editing. Plus even more raw formats can be edited natively with our RAW Develop filter.

and which neither can be configured nor disabled...

Please sign in to leave a comment.