luminar 4 keeps crashing on my Mac

Answered

Comments

17 comments

• Official comment
    Kirk Osborn
    Please try the following steps:
    1. Hold down Option key on your keyboard and start Luminar. Keep holding Option until you see a window with a list of available backups appear.
    2. Select a backup that has been created prior to when you encountered the issue with the library and click Restore from Backup.
    Here is the video tutorial that may also be helpfulhttps://www.loom.com/share/2fad8457bbb34faa948ea766a002aad8
    Comment actions Permalink
    Stuart

I've tried this and I don't get the option of choosing a back-up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Gary Bushell

Skylum - When are you fixing all these basic performance and stability issues? Without relying on your users to perform nonsense workarounds? You’ve launched software that isn’t fit for purpose and expect us to bow to toys like Sky Replacement when the underlying code isn’t anywhere near good enough when compared to your competitors.

So, rather than stating this thread is ‘answered’ because one of your team put one of the same old workarounds in the thread (yawn, we are all so tired of these) why not tell us when:

1. The stability of the catalogue and software generally will be improved to stop the multiple crashes per session?
    2. When will the software stop eating RAM and run more efficiently?
    3. Be able to handle large scale library and cataloguing as per your competitors?

Please answer without telling me to reach out directly (I have more times than I care to remind myself) or with a workaround. We just want honest answers. Have you acknowledged these issues and are you resolving them?

Helga Hufflepuff

Hi Gary Bushell,

We are terribly sorry for the issues our users encounter when using Luminar 4. Of course, we do acknowledge them. Moreover, we fixed these multiple crashes and its fix will be implemented in our next 4.3.0 update that is coming within next couple of months. Also this version showed nice results in terms of performance speed, so we do hope it majorly improves your and other users' experience with Luminar 4. I'm very sorry to hear that you felt ignored and left alone with these problems, but I assure you that we take into account every single feedback we received. Our team inputs great amount of time and effort to remove all these problems in next updates. Please, bear with us and stay tuned. Once new version is available, Luminar 4 should update automatically. We appreciate you taking time to share your honest feedback.

Helga Hufflepuff

Stuart,

We would kindly ask you to contact us via https://skylum.com/support in such case, so we can guide you further. Thanks!

Gary Bushell

Thank you Helga. That’s appreciated and just the response I needed. I can deal with issues, they occur, all I wanted was some solid acknowledgement that Skylum recognised them with the software and they’re being worked on for next update. I am happy to wait a while for that to be sorted and released efficiently. What is annoying is when threads are simply answered just with a workaround that we know doesn’t resolve the issue and in some cases loses work. They’re sticking plasters for a gaping wound! I appreciated this reply and look forward to the next release once ready.

Helga Hufflepuff

Gary Bushell,

Thank you very much for your kindness and patience. Will take into account you suggestion for sure!

There is one more possible solution, that allows to dramatically decrease amount of crashes. 

Please, launch Luminar 4 > press Luminar 4 in upper left corner > select Preferences > set Frequency to Once per session ( https://prnt.sc/t4ad4w ). I hope you will find this workaround useful!

Gary Bushell

Thank you Helga, I’ll check that setting. That’s something easily done as a function that could help presently, as you say.

Helga Hufflepuff

Thank you very much, Gary! :)

Hellen Blatter

I have the same problem now for almost 4 weeks and in spite of the efforts form Customer support all they suggested didn't work. Now I have give up the hope for a solution and I'll be back to Lightroom.

David Ashley

I sincerely hope that the issue of the Luminar extension to Photos freezing, when trying to replace skies, is going to be fixed in 4.3. It is extremely annoying to have spent 20 minutes editing a photo to then find that Photos is frozen and must be force quit (with consequent loss of all edits).

Peter Gladstein

Thia app is a joke. I use this app as a Photoshop plugin to replace skies - nothing more nothing less...

Ric Holland

This thread is marked as answered but the issue remains live, Skylum seem to enjoy evading the issue.

Charles Parker

Luminar 4.3.2 fresh install still crashes as soon as I try and edit ANY photo:(

Ric Holland

Tried a fresh install of 4.3.2 earlier today and got the same result. The app opens as soon as the Edit categories appear, Luminar crashes.

I and probably many others would very much like to experience the benefits of the 4.3 upgrade. However, this debacle has been going on for 6 months now and there’s no realistic sign of a solution arriving from Skylum.

It really is the most appalling customer service.

Jack Carbone

Ditto.

It's 4/11/21. I've downloaded and reinstalled Luminar 4.3 four times. Does not stay open.

Katherine Nelson

Hi Jack Carbone! Please reach out to our support team and we will do our best to assist you with this issue: https://skylum.com/support

Please sign in to leave a comment.