CR3 support in Aurora HDR19

Answered

Comments

6 comments

Austin Miller

Hi Pedro. We do not abandon Aurora HDR. Recently we have issued a new update with bug fixes and performance improvements. The implementation of the CR3 files in Aurora HDR is technically more difficult than in Luminar 4. However, our developers are working on the next update of Aurora HDR and we will do our best to implement the CR3 files support.

Comment actions Permalink
    Pedro Rego

You are kidding right? :D I would love to believe in you but...I don´t. Sorry. I do understand that you are concentrating your efforts to the luminar instead of Aurora. I am not a Tech guy but from a costumer point of view that is not very nice to hear. You are saying that you are a company that makes photo editing software and after one and half year (EOS R was released in October 2018) you still couldn´t implement CR3 files in one of your....editing software? Wow......

I am sorry but like I said I do like you products even with all its flaws, crashes, slowly speed but....I did payed a lot of money for a program that now I can´t use with my latest cameras. Next month I will change 100% for CR3 files so Aurora will be dead for me. And no, converting files to DNG is NOT the solution. So despite I do like your programs I guess I wont purchase any more software from you guys. No one wants to pay 100€ or more and then get stuck like this after one year or less. Like I said in the post...I do prefer to pay 10€ a month to Adobe, at least after 1 month for max we can work with new photo extensions. 

Pay more attention to little details....That is what makes people happy. Well....but for a photo editing software...being able to OPEN photo files is not a little detail.... :D 

Austin Miller

Hi Pedro. I completely understand your frustration and I apologize for the caused inconvenience.

The .CR3 file format was already implemented in Luminar 3 and Luminar 4. That being said, our dedicated tech team is working around the clock to implement the support of .CR3 file format. There are some technical difficulties, but we are investigating the best way to overcome them. Unfortunately, there is no ETA when the update is going to be released. 

I will surely pass your feedback and concerns regarding implementing the .CR3 format to Aurora HDR to the tech team in charge!

Pedro Rego

Thank you very much for your attention and sympathy! Really appreciated! Ok...so I guess i have to hold and wait...let´s see if you can get over this issue. Like I said, I do like your products, hope you can get over this otherwise I have to move on to another editors. Ohhh... and by the way, if you are going to pass the info, add another note: 

1 - When you are editing one photo in Aurora and then want to open the photo in Luminar directly (through the "open in") the program sends you to the skylum page to purchase the Luminar 4....but I have it! :D So it seems it doesn´t recognize the Luminar 4 installed. So, if you want to edit one foto using Aurora and then Luminar, you have to export the photo, close aurora and then open the photo in Luminar. Something´s wrong. With other programs doesn´t happen, for example if I am working with Aurora and then want to change to Photoshop I just need to click in "open in" and select photoshop. Photoshop is open and i continu to edit the file... 

Margaret Bright

Hi Pedro,

Please try invoking the Luminar 4 plugin in the following way:

1. Open Finder, click Go > Go to Folder and paste the following path: /Library/Application Support/MacPhun Software/Luminar4/Plug-Ins. There will be a bunch of files in there, the one you're interested in has .plugin extension.
    2. Copy the .plugin file somewhere where you can easily find it.
    3. In Aurora, click Plugins > Other > Open Plugin > point Aurora to the .plugin file you just copied. Luminar should open.

Here is the video tutorial that may also be helpfulhttps://www.loom.com/share/fc848c9d5d7249d594a298525af184bd 

If the issue persists, please get in touch with our support team at https://skylum.com/support

Pedro Rego

Hello Margaret, thank you so much for your help, I will try it and let´s see if it works. I wish Aurora updates were so good as the support you and Austin gave in the forum! :D :D 

Please sign in to leave a comment.