Comments

38 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Bob,

Are you using Luminar as a standalone or as a plugin for Lightroom/Photoshop/etc.?

Comment actions Permalink
    Bob Andrews

As a stand alone.

Julia Kot Kot

Could you please send us the screenshot of the issue described?

Heath N

Your image is probably larger than 15000 pixels...there is currently a max width for some reason.  Probably due to export being too slow for larger images.

Denis Kotsee

It is true but we'll remove the limit in future releases.

Thomas N

When will this limit be removed?

Angela Andrieux

Hi Thomas - I don't have a specific timeline for this update, but it is something we are working on.

Thomas N

That would be super, Having a limitation like that makes a paid product feel more like a demo...Know what I mean?

Rob S

I have panoramic that is 27433 wide and wanted to work on it in Luminar.  This is frustrating.

Frank Ho

I agree and for everyone else who is having the problem you can't resize in the export options dialog, you need to crop or resize before you export.

Robert Harrison

This is all but a deal breaker for me.  I'm unable to save my best photos, the very ones for which I purchased Aurora HDR 19.  What is otherwise an excellent product is rendered useless.

Vereslavska Anna Veres

Hi Frank and Robert, you are right.

I am sorry for such inconveniences.

Our software wasn't initially developed as an editor for panoramas.

We will do our best to extend the limitation. 

Please, for now, try to edit the photos with up to 15000 pixels. 

Manfred Ram

Anna Veres - just realised this limitation (bought a few day<s ago). What is the status concerning update and eliminate this "feature" (or bug ?).  ??

Regards/Manfred

Angela Andrieux

Hi Manfred,

There is no ETA on changing this specification at this time, but our developers are aware and will consider changing this in future updates/upgrades.

frédéric foufou

Tips : EZ for work with batch processing.
    Before, open file and make your custom filter, close and start batch.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Peter,

Right now our team is focused on developing/releasing the Library module. We will consider removing that limitation in the future.

Frank Malquist

I would also like to work with a panorama. It is very frustrating to have a picture just right and then not be able to save it.

Brynjar Gudmundsson

Really sad, meant to export panorama but couldn't (because of limit) do it and found this thread .... just 2 days left of trial mode, glad i found out now because i am not going to spend my money on a program that can not export my "whole" picture. Sorry and i hope you guys fix this. I will sure buy this program that same day as this fix comes.

Anthony Perillo

Having the same issue, I think.

Every attempt I make to export an image after editing, it just won't complete the task. It appears to be attempting to export/save but nothing happens for 30 minutes. 

Is there any way around this? Is this the result of attempting to work with big files, I'm editing 40+MB per image.

If there is a specific file size limit it would make sense to note that in the adverts....otherwise, it's useless to me. 

Anthony

Heath N

@Anthony

If your image size is less than 15000 pxiels and if the export button isn't grayed out and you can click it then it is a different issue.  If that is the case, try exporting to a different file format.  I have had it go really slow sometimes when going from jpg to jpg.  Try to export to tif.  If that helps, then create another post describing the problem.

Michael Martin

Feb. 2019
    Same issue, so it hasn't been fixed. Maybe they changed it in v3.0, but I couldn't get v3.0 to work properly, so uninstalled it and came back to Luminar 2018. Since this issue wasn't fixed in this version, I assume that our only other option is to use different software?

Pedro Gregorio

It is frustrating!! 10 months after someone spoke about this issue and it's still not fixed! The worse, is when you buy the software and there's is no information about this issue! I've bought it last week (v3.0) and I'm learning about this now!! Plus, someone said this here, "Our software wasn't initially developed as an editor for panoramas." Really?? Isn't a panorama a photo?! In fact, some big photographers that are using your program, do big panoramas... This doesn't make any sense... Any expectations on when this will be solved?

David Hardy

HAVING SAME ISSUE.  SPENT HOURS EDITING AND COULD NOT EXPORT.  PLEASE FIX :)

Helena Carter

Hi David, 

Please, contact our Support Team here so they can help: https://skylum.com/support

Best regards

Cory Simpson

Why does Luminar even let you edit a photo if it can't be exported? I've spent literally weeks in and out of a photo making changes and now I cant actually use it. This is nuts.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Cory,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble exporting an image. Please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support and we'll be happy to help.

Patricio A Lopez

My image is not panorama and it is stuck - cannot export.  I am using your latest version and this problem has not been resolved.  Hard for me to recommend this program to all my students.

Heath N

Yeah, I am done waiting on things to get done with Luminar. They keep adding features but never fix problems. I was hopeful 2 years ago they would fix issues with 2018. Luminar 3 didn't fix them and I am not giving 4 a shot when zero of the issues I have been watching forever ever got resolved...

Peter Brooks

I've just about had it with Luminar.  I have the latest version running and cannot export full-size images (Olympus EM5 Mk2. RAW images). What is the point of being able to process images if you can't then do anything with them?  Who is this system designed for?  Clearly not serious photographers who want to produce images for printing for competitions.  BTW the software is ridiculously slow to load.  Much as I hated doing it I have had to take out a sub with Adobe, I was about to leave Lightroom after it went subscription, but Luminar is just not an alternative.

Maryna Skylum

Hi Peter,

Please, contact us at support@skylum.com. We'll investigate the issue.

Please sign in to leave a comment.