Luminar 4 crashing on 10.15.5

Answered

Comments

23 comments

Kate Williams

Hi Sameer,

Please accept my apologies for this inconvenience. As far as I can see, your request has already been processed by our team.

Please get back to my colleagues and let us know whether the suggested solution helped. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Guido Cautreels

yeah Luminar keeps crashing! how to edit my photos now!!??? Assist needed! 

Guido Cautreels

Yes why pay if you can't keep up with updates??? will try other editing software

Helga Hufflepuff

Guido Cautreels,

We would kindly ask you to reach us via https://skylum.com/support and tell us more about the issue you encountered. 

I'm sure we can find the solution. Look forward to hearing from you.

Guido Cautreels

yes solution is to update your luminar for latest os x update!

Guido Cautreels

okay removing the catalog and create new one will restart luminar so definitely something wrong with luminar!!

Gary Bushell

[Luminar for Mac] Luminar 4 crashing is another of multiple threads on this same topic - None of the workarounds Skylum suggests can fix the issues, because the issue is with Luminar 4’s compatibility with the Mac OS and the stability has completely failed. You have also mentioned on multiple threads an update is coming to resolve this, but also continue to post the same workarounds that cannot possibly work, after your associates have acknowledged the problem requires an update!! So when can we expect the update?

Jay Nathanson

Having exact same problem. Tried all the recommended "fixes": Deleting catalogue, starting from an old backup, etc. Nothing seems to work.

Margaret Bright

Hi everyone,

Please try the following:

• Open Finder.
    • Click Go in the top menu > click Go to Folder.
    • Paste the following path: ~/Library/Caches/SentryCrash/ and click Go.
    • Please locate and delete the Luminar 4 folder from the folder that opens.

The fix for this issue is going to be added to the upcoming update, which is expected to be released very soon.

The solution above is a workaround to make Luminar 4 work.

We would also suggest to do the following to decrease the amount of crashes:

Launch Luminar 4 > select Luminar 4 in upper left corner > choose Preferences > set Frequency to Once per session ( https://prnt.sc/t4rfz9 )

Jade Franch

Crash when start Luminar 4 on Mac OS 10.15.5.

Thanks to fix it

D. Elizabeth Erasmus

Luminar 4.3 crashing, unable to work in it. Frustrated.

I tried all of the above, nothing seems to work. 

Please advise 

Thank you.

D. Elizabeth Erasmus

MacOS High Sierra Version 10.13.6 Luminar Crashing with no end in sight

Helga Hufflepuff

Hi D. Elizabeth Erasmus,

In this case best to contact us directly via https://skylum.com/support.

D. Elizabeth Erasmus

Upgraded Mac tried all of the above, Luminar still crashing

Ted Barone

Same issue for me too.  I tried everything listed above.  I have reached out to Skylum support.  Hopefully someone will get back to me.  My workflow is halted.

D. Elizabeth Erasmus

This has been going on for over 2 months now, I tried everythin Skylum Suggested, all the generic fixes. It did not work. Could anyone else figure this out. Since I asked for help 2 months ago, i wasn't able to use Skylum 4!

D. Elizabeth Erasmus

Yes and I contacted Skylum Support a few times as suggested!

Angela Andrieux

Hi Elizabeth,

I see that one of our support representatives emailed you instructions on July 20, but we didn't hear back from you. If those instructions didn't resolve the issue, please reply to that email or send a new one to support@skylum.com so we can further investigate the issue.

Trevant Taylor

Well ya I upgraded to Mac Big Sur and now I can't export nothing. Alot of developers is being blocked by apple. But something need to give because I feel like I paid for this app for nothing. And its sad because this is the only app I want to use.Please fix.

Elena Blum

Hi Trevant Taylor,

Since, as much as we'd love to, we cannot guarantee the stability of the software on Big Sur, as it's only a beta version and Luminar 4 wasn't made compatible yet. While we're waiting for the official release and working on the optimization, we can offer you several options:

1. Rollback to Catalina

2. Install the app on another device. 

Fabs Demi

For those on Big Sur, and want to export, I have found a work around ... Export to Email rather than file. This will generate the TIFF file and make an email already to be sent with the image exported. You can then click on the image from the email application and save to your folder. 

Not exactly user friendly but does the job. 

At support from Skylum, there seems to be a problem in the way you handle the file system for export. 

Richard Ross

Sadly, now mine is crashing every time I open it now as well.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled, followed the instructions above to remove the crash folder.  No good.

Victoria Grace

Hi,

If it still crashes, please, try to create a new catalog:

• Make sure Luminar is closed.
    • Locate your Luminar 4 Catalog folder. The default location is %username%\Pictures\. If you specified a custom location for your catalog, search your custom location.
    • Rename the Luminar 4 Catalog folder as well as Luminar 4 Catalog.luminar file inside this folder. Choose any name you like. 
    • Start Luminar. 
    The app will open without catalog, and you will be able to create a new catalog via the Create a new catalog  button.
    Hope it helps!

Please sign in to leave a comment.