Aurora HDR crashes during Auto ALigning of Panos

Answered

Comments

7 comments

• Official comment
    Helena Carter

Hi Venkatesh,

Could you please let us know what's these images' resolution?

Comment actions Permalink
    Venkatesh Chakravarthy

Helena,

These are 36872 X 5934 pixels. Light Roomk HDREffexPro 2 and Photomatix are able to merge. I dont have alignment issues with them. Lightroom ghosting removal is not good, HDREffexPro color seems to be saturated. Im checking photomatix and Aurora now. But Aurora crashses when alignment option is chosen. Without that option selected, the alignment is off little bit. But consumes lot of resources and i did not see the same with the others.

Venky

Venkatesh Chakravarthy

btw, im trying to merge 3 panos.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Venkatesh.

The maximum size that Aurora HDR can work with is 15,000 pixels on the long edge.

Venkatesh Chakravarthy

is this something going to be enhanced in the near future?

Margaret Bright

Hi Venkatesh,

For now, there are no plans to change this, but I will forward your feedback to our developers to have them consider implementing it in the future.

Resize each image to under the pixel limit. Most apps like photo shop, light room will preserve pixels when down scaling, but check the options (and of course do this on copies of the photos)

Process in Aurora then restore to their original.  Lots of photos to resize for this option to work? Maybe ps scripting or similar.

Please sign in to leave a comment.