Using Luminar to Process JPEG instead of RAW

Answered

Comments

4 comments

• Official comment
    Helga Rowles

Hi Kaushik! We're going to implement some performance improvements in the upcoming update. In the meantime, I'd recommend working with a small catalogue for better performance. You can create it via File > Catalog > New.

> edits made to the RAW files in Lightroom are not honored when the file is exported to Luminar for editing further - please right-click on the file in Lightroom, and choose Export > Luminar 4 Export with Lightroom adjustments.

Comment actions Permalink
    Andreas Brodow

I think that is going about it the wrong way. You sacrifice editing a raw file which is supreme over a jpeg just because the software can't handle the file size? Instead of dropping Lightroom and use Luminar, keep Lightroom and ditch Luminar or go for another software like Capture One, expensive but since you are shooting with a Sony, the price for the Sony flavor of C1 isn't too bad.

I left Luminar for C1 over a year ago since Luminar can't handle having your pics or library on a NAS very well (or at all to be honest).

Kaushik Chakraborti

Andreas, your comment dampened my enthusiasm for the product that I was starting to love :( But I totally hear you. Hopefully Luminar fixes some of these issues so as to not deter customers like me and you.

Kaushik Chakraborti

Thank you Helga. I tried with a smaller catalog, but that did not make much of a difference. I will wait for the update (feel free to enroll me into any beta program, I am happy to test unstable software and provide feedback).

The Lightroom trick you mentioned was super helpful, it resolved my issue, thank you.

Please sign in to leave a comment.