Yet another paying customer who cannot install Aurora HDR 2019 due to internet error

Answered

Comments

3 comments

• Official comment
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Peter,

Your anti-virus software and firewall may be the issue. Please try the following:

If the solution above doesn't work, please email us at support@skylum.com with your Hosts file for review. The file is located here:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\

Here is the video tutorial that may also be helpfulhttps://www.loom.com/share/8b91ade5057d4d3192c933fbd025f9f5  

Looking forward to hearing from you

Comment actions Permalink
    Marco Marrocco

Hi Angela,

Sorry, I don't mean to hijack the thread but at this point I'm wondering:

People have been complaining about the official installers quitting on them with an internet connection error since forever - I know I had to look up for the offline installer in order to run the free copy of L3 from a few weeks ago.

So...why are the official installers, that is, the ones you can download from your Skylum account, still...official? Wouldn't be easier to have people run the offline installers regardless, and activate the software at first run? I'm not sure if this would cut down 100% of the setup issues but at the very least people would be able to at least _install_ the software they paid for without too much of a hassle.

Seriously, asking your userbase to tinker with the firewall and antivirus just to allow an installer to run is not something people are normally comfortable doing. If something is deemed suspicious by the security software - over and over again, it is likely a design flaw that needs to be addressed on the application's end so it doesn't trigger a false positive.

Just my 2 cents; regards,

--

Marco

Victoria Grace

Hi Marco,

Thanks for your useful suggestion. I'll forward it to our responsible team for consideration. Have a great rest of the day!

Please sign in to leave a comment.