I Can't Install Luminar on Windows 10!

Comments

15 comments

Mariia Divavina

Hi Jose!

I am sorry for the inconveniences.
    Have you tried to launch installer as Administrator?

Comment actions Permalink
    Jose Pires

Hi

Yes I did. It does not  install.

Julia Kot Kot

Hi Jose,

In case Luminar 2018 still doesn't start you can try to download an archive file with pre-installed Luminar 2018 here

Be sure to click "Download" button in the upper right corner. 

Please do the following: 

1) Go to your Program Files folder (C:\Program Files) and unzip the downloaded file:

2) Go to the Luminar folder and find Luminar2018.exe file in there.

3) Right click on that file -> Send to -> Desktop (Shortcut)

4) Go to your Desktop and launch Luminar 2018.

Let me know how it goes.

Jose Pires

It's working now!

Thank you very much!

Angela Andrieux

Hi Jose - You are very welcome! Let us know if you have any other questions. :-)

S Sarkar

Hi, I have the same problem, trying to install in a computer with Intel core2 Duo CPU E7600 3.06Ghz with 4GB RAM- W10 Pro Version 1803 OS Build 17134.137 - 32Bit,  however cant install the luminar 2018. Tried running the SW by downloading the folder from the link given by Juila, but when running the exe file, it says "this app cant run on your PC". Please help

Denis Kotsee

@S Sarkar Luminar runs on 64-bit machines only. Also, make sure your hardware meets the system requirements for the app:

https://skylum.com/luminar/user-manual/2018/windows/system-requirements-for-windows-os

Rosemarie Beall

mine installed fine, but batch is useless-not working at all other than saving exact same image without even editing at all and no preset or any editing choices- I am at wits end now

Denis Kotsee

@Rosemarie Beall that's pretty weird. Could you please post a screenshot of the window with your batch processing settings?

Rosemarie Beall

t was. Now reinstalled and now presets are there, do suggest you add further editing choices, just like single image.

Thanks for reply- wish your email people had suggested reinstall.

Angela Andrieux

@Rosemarie - I'm glad the reinstall worked and presets are available now. I'm sure the batch processing capabilities will improve/expand in future updates/upgrades, especially once the DAM is complete.

Michel S

I did also had to use the pre-installed version because the installer does not work on my W10 system. It did work I think but the application showed a message that there was a new version and I installed that. Now my trial version is over. Damm.

I wanted to try some applications but it seems this one isn't working nicely.

Angela Andrieux

@Michel - Please reach out to support@skylum.com and we'll be happy to reset the trial for you.

Anthonee Chiarello

Hi I have downloaded the trial version of Luminar many times, ran it as administrator, it downloaded ok and it installed ok but it won't open ??? I am running windows 10,64bit, 16 GB Ram Intel i7 processor.what do I do??????

Denis Kotsee

@Anthonee Chiarello

In case the steps above didn't help:

• Press the Windows logo key + R.
    • Type msinfo32 in the dialog box that opens and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    • In the window that opens, make sure you have System Summary highlighted on the left.
    • Click File > Export.
    • Type the name of the file and save it somewhere where you can easily find it
      and attach this text file along with the link to this thread to support@skylum.com.

Please sign in to leave a comment.