Nice software, painfully slow

Answered

Comments

8 comments

Anastasia Davis

Hi John! Our technical department is working on the next update that will target slow performance issues. The update will be out at the end of May - beginning of June.

Comment actions Permalink
    John Schultz

Good. Right now I'm trying export 40 photos. It's taking around a minute per photo and I can't use the software for anything else while it's exporting or it cancels the export. 

Competing software would have had the lot exported in a matter of seconds and I would have been free to edit another batch of photos while it was doing so.

I routinely batch export up to a thousand photos at a time. Will the update be able to handle this?

Victoria Grace

Hey John,

The update will address the speed and overall performance of the app. However, exporting thousand photos at a time is quite a heavy task for your CPU as it will take a lot of RAM and resources to process it. So we'd recommend you export your images in portions/small parts to speed up the process. Thanks for your understanding.

Jeremy Dinn

Victoria, he said the competition can complete the task he is asking with the given cpu he has. I appreciate that you guys are active on these forums, but it's simply insane that performance wasn't the number one driving factor for this company. I am a hobbyist and luckily not a professional or I'd be gone. I'm rooting for you guys deep down but I hate Adobe so much more than anything that is wrong with this program. PLEASE relay this to the team, and please pay what it takes to fully optimize this product. Thanks for reading. 

Kate Williams

Hi Jeremy,

I understand that. Being a Luminar user myself like just all of our artists out there, I do feel your pain when it comes to the RAW file rendering speed or a lengthy export. I'm sure the rest of the team feels the same. 
    However, this is not the task that can be implemented overnight, otherwise, there wouldn't be such a complaint in the first place, right? 
    Improving the overall performance of Luminar is a large-scale task that stands firmly on the to-do list of our tech team, and the fixes addressing some of its aspects are baked in virtually every update. We're working on it around the clock while juggling with the state-of-the-art creativity features too. Therefore, please rest assured that Luminar is getting better each day. 
    All of us appreciate you guys sticking with us while we're at it. 

John Schultz

I do hope so. It'd be nice to get away from Adobe. Right now I won't be purchasing the software since the trial version performs so poorly. I'll check back in a year to see if there has been any improvement. Tried it once in 2018 and it's still as slow now as it was then. No gonna hold my breath but I wish you luck. 

Helena Carter

John, you can still check Luminar 4 in a trial mode in about a month after the new update is released. We'll be happy to assist you if needed and get your feedback. Have a good day!

Jeremy Dinn

Thanks for the response both of you. I will stay on luminar 3 until it's proven this program gets faster. I'll stay loyal because I can afford to with my workflow just being a hobby. Good luck and I hope it happens.

Please sign in to leave a comment.