Debug files

Answered

Comments

6 comments

Margaret Bright

Hi Stephen,

This is an unusual issue that our team needs to take a deeper look at. Please reach out to our support team at https://skylum.com/support.

Please provide them with as many details on this issue as you can, such as the steps you perform before the debug files appear, the directory that the files appear at and whether you use Luminar 4 as a standalone or as a plugin.

Hope to hear from you soon!

Comment actions Permalink
    Shelia Hunt

I have the same problem. I use the Luminar 4 plugin from within Photoshop, and every.single.time I open a file in that manner, Luminar 4 adds debug log files to the folder in which the original picture resides. I'm having to go back and delete thousands of debug files. Surely there is a fix for this?

Ardythe Wendt

I too am having that issue.  I assumed that it was possibly only a problem because I first used Luminar as a trial version and debated purchasing because of the debug that was added to each file I did any editing at all using Luminar.  I have only opened Luminar through Photoshop and tried doing all image editing in Luminar or just editing a portion of my image using luminar.  This last time I added sunrays to an image that was inside a frame on a card I was making.  The debug file is a debug.log/text document/0 bites/A (under attributes in file properties) and one of those files is placed wherever I file the image that I worked on.  

Kirk Osborn

Hi. Please contact us via https://skylum.com/support and we will figure something out.

Stephen Bull

Why do I need to report this? It is a really basic issue. You should never have debug files appearing in production software. It has clearly been described here by more than just myself and should be easily remedied.

Helena Carter

Stephen Bull,

I completely understand your frustration, however, for us to investigate the issue, we need a bit more info, therefore, we kindly as you to contact us via the Support Contact Form. Thanks so much for your understanding. We appreciate your willingness to make Luminar 4 better.

Please sign in to leave a comment.