Channel mixer to switch Red & Blue channels with IR pictures

Answered

Comments

5 comments

Austin Miller

Hi Eric. We are aware that a lot of our customers are missing the channel mixer and we are collecting the feedback now. Could you please let us know a bit more about how you used it so we can pass the recommendation to our developers to bring it back?

Comment actions Permalink
    Eric Adauto

Hi, the use is simple but very important on infra red photos, having it prevents the need to jump to other software like photoshop or darktable to do the simple swap (this is one of the reasons I stopped using LR and tried Luminar, in addition to workspaces which also disappeared in V4, seems great things are just dumped with no benefit in return). Instead of telling you I can show you a video from what is needed (it refers to photoshop but I did same in version 3)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PseqRWv_nms

For me is is important to do this in a single software, if this will be brought back can you give a timeline? I don't want to use version 4 if I have to be jumping from one side to the other when I work with infra red photos.

I don't get why this was deprecated.

Austin Miller

Hi Eric. Thanks for sending us the information. I am going to pass it to our tech department so we can take it into further consideration! Your help is greatly appreciated!

Eric Adauto

Thanks, as others are asking for the same. Do you have any estimate time to know if this will be put back or not? Seriously I see V3 much better in other aspects on the UI and how to apply filters that if this will remain with no channel mixer I might just decide to move back to V3 and ask for my refund, even I like the new portrait stuff on this version I prefer to have a more fluent version for me. I would like to make a decision before my 30 days (now less), I still don't feel the love for this version as I did almost immediately with V3.

Eric Adauto

I managed a workaround playing with the color option, still don't know if will do the same in all cases but found it by trying to replicate same colors from a photo modified by channel mixer on v3

Please sign in to leave a comment.