Very Poor Customer Support.- Luminar is a toy, not a professional editing platform.

Answered

Comments

10 comments

Helga Egilsdottir

Hi Norm Gilbert,

We are terribly sorry to hear about your negative experience. Having thoroughly checked our e-mails history, we could not find any support request sent from you. Looks like this miscommunication happened due to this fact. Please, note that we welcome everyone to contact us via support@skylum.com. We are here to help and make great efforts to resolve all the issues reported.

Please, check your inbox - we sent you the response via e-mail. Will do our best to improve. Hope to hear from you soon. 

Comment actions Permalink
    Howard Lebowitz

Norm, before giving money to Adobe please take a look at the Affinity products: Photo, Designer and Publisher. They are not subscription based and are stable products.

Photo can do over 90% of Photoshop and that last 10% is very specialized stuff anyway that is rarely used by most.

There are tons of great tutorials online to get you up to speed. You can use Luminar too. 

Michael Nielsen

I basically have the same story here.

Working on a photo in Luminar 4.2.2 and then bum it crashes!

I have followed Skylum support instructions for deleting and rebuilding luminar three times now. I don't have time for this!

I agree at this stage it is a toy and a shame that they don't care about using the feedback that we provide to them for free. They should be paying us for beta-testing their unfinished product. That is pretty much what I have to say about this software at this stage.

Best regards
    Michael

Margaret Bright

Hi Michael,

I am genuinely sorry to hear about your experience with our software. Please note that we are currently working on the next update that should improve the app's performance and fix the issue with the app crashing. We expect this update to be released soon, so please stay tuned!

As for the issue itself, in most cases of Luminar crashing on Mac, the following steps help resolve the issue:

• Open Finder.
    • Click Go in the top menu > click Go to Folder.
    • Paste the following path: ~/Library/Caches/SentryCrash/ and click Go.
    • Please locate and delete the Luminar 4 folder from the folder that opens.

I think our support team may have already suggested it, but I just wanted to share this solution with you just in case it has not been offered to you yet. 

At the moment, our devs have two major tasks: the algorithm performance improvements and resource use optimization.

These are large-scale tasks that in the long-term perspective will give the app a significant boost as well as increase the development speed. Therefore, please rest assured that every day Luminar is getting better. We hope you'll be there with us to see this progress.

Colin Grant

Everyday Luminar is getting better! Mine has not changed since I downloaded 4.2 so how is it getting better every day please? You say a decent update will be released soon - could you please define soon? There is often a disconnect between real world soon and Skylum soon.

Thank you

Anastasia Davis

Hi Colin! The update will be released at the end of May - beginning of June. Best regards,

Colin Grant

Thank you, Anastasia, I look forward to that. Presumably it will be a soft release first and which will put the UK down the release schedule?

Victoria Grace

Hi Colin,

Right, after the soft launch, the worldwide update will follow. Thanks for your patience!

Bart-ek D

Same here... I've reported multiple bugs with the detailed explanation and screenshoots. Initially silence then after a while they returned back to me asking to upload it via their platform... photos from the middle stage of editing which I do not have it. 

They do not understand that people really need help shortly after problem occurred. This was too frustrating for me to continue using this toy software... I've switched to the competitor product which is delivering what's promised without bugs.

Victoria Grace

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear your experience with us didn't meet your expectations. We've located your email and answered you already. Please, check your inbox.

Please sign in to leave a comment.