Workspaces big loss on V4, are they coming back?

Answered

Comments

4 comments

Austin Miller

Hi Eric. Please note that we have changed the UI in order to make it simple, more user-friendly and easy to use. 

I am going to share your concerns and suggestions with our tech department so we can take it into further consideration.

Comment actions Permalink
    Eric Adauto

Hi, I have my doubts when you say it is simple.

Usually photographers have workflows and the ability to customize the workspace with templates depending on what you were going to do was amazing. Usually when you take portrait, landscape, infrared, macro, etc you use different set of tools and some of us even have an order to apply the adjustments/filters as it is part of a technique/personal touch.

This was one of the greatest features I saw on Luminar 3, I just switched between the profiles depending on the photo I was going to process and the add/search filter in case I wanted something additional was awesome. Customizing it was very intuitive and adding/searching filters not included regularly was also awesome. Setting default workspace was also a great thing, starting with what you use most of the time, immediately going to the action.

In V3 you had your list of parameters/filters and can keep scrolling up/down tweaking them until you felt the image was done.

On this new version you need at least 2 clicks to get to the desired parameter to change, this is every time and you can't see what you put on others unless you do additional 2 clicks. Honestly it is very inefficient from usability point of view.

It came from a very advanced UI where you can immediately start working on your photo as filters were ready, to a UI where you are at least two clicks to change your first parameter (if you remember on which category it was).

Austin Miller

Hi Eric.

We are improving Luminar with each update. Currently, our development team has two major tasks: the algorithm performance improvements and resource use optimization.

However, your suggestion to return the custom workspaces back is great and we are going to consider it for future updates!

Gary Bowen

"However, your suggestion to return the custom workspaces back is great and we are going to consider it for future updates!" - and until then Luminar 3 will remain my go to version. L4 has been relegated to the third tier used for the few tasks it does better/easier than L3.

Please sign in to leave a comment.