Luminar as PS plugin not exporting back in normal colors

Comments

5 comments

Angela Andrieux

Hi Wybe,

We are aware of the issue and are working on a solution for better color management for our Windows customers who use Luminar as a Photoshop plugin.

Comment actions Permalink
    Christian S.

Any news on that? I‘d love to integrate Luminar in my workflow but without color management it is not worth to buy it at the moment.

Denis Kotsee

We're working on getting Luminar to work better with color profiles on Windows, and we expect to push some of the improvements in the upcoming update. On the other note, the color difference you're seeing is, most likely, due to the different color profiles Luminar and PS are using. When you transfer an image from PS to Luminar, it gets converted to sRGB, so if you had anything other than sRBG in your PS project, and then bring the image back to it from Luminar, you might get a color difference.

Wybe van der Veen

Any ETA for the new update?

K.G. Wuensch

Hm, when asking your support (for Luminar Neptune admittedly) which color space I should use in transferring from Lightroom to Luminar plugin I was given te answer that iMelissa RGB would be the best option - for Windows you now say sRGB which is a very limiting colorspace and as far away from partiy with Luminar on a Mac than one could possibly imagine. When is this going to be adressed?

Please sign in to leave a comment.