Skylum Creates Abandonware

Answered

Comments

8 comments

• Official comment
    Helga Rowles

Hi Sky,

I will be sure to share your post with our product team.
    At the moment, we are mainly focusing on Luminar, but we will definitely release an update for Aurora HDR in the future.

If there's anything our support team can help you with, feel free to reach us via email.

Comment actions Permalink
    Roy Blackwell

What would be most helpful to me is a serious performance update to Luminar 4 and the addition of Canon CR3 support in Aurora HDR, sooner than later. Also, would be very nice if the missing features in the Windows version of Luminar 4 were added so it is on par with the Apple version.

Kate Williams

Roy, we have performance improvements on our to-do list for the following Luminar 4 updates. We're also gradually adding the previously missing features to the Windows version of Luminar. For instance, the latest update received a coveted third-party plugin support. Please do keep in mind that some features are more difficult to implement on Windows due to the peculiarities of the OS, thus it can take extra time. 

As for .CR3 support in Aurora, there's no set timeframe right now. Nevertheless, our community will be the first one to know once we have more precise info. 

Sky Makai

What will be added to Aurora HDR and when?

Austin Miller

Hello. We have the task of adding the .CR3 support to Aurora HDR in our to-do list. As my colleague has already mentioned there is no ETA when the update for Aurora HDR will be released. 

Kim Austin

@Austin Miller -- can you please give your Aurora users a list of what you have so far on your to do list? You have to agree, that some sort of update is well overdue.  Considering you still sell the software and supposedly support it?
    Thank you.

Sky Makai

@Austin Miller.  I'm referring to Aurora HDR 2019 in particular.  I also own Luminar 4, but obviously that application is getting ALL the focus from the developers.  

Aurora HDR, like many other programs released by Skylum, seem to be sold 'as is'.  

Meaning, users buy them, then find annoyances and bugs which NEVER get fixed.  This is a terrible business model.  It creates unhappy, frustrated customers.  Answers like these will not help, "there is no ETA when the update for Aurora HDR will be released."

If Skylum only wants to focus on Luminar, how about integrating Aurora HDR into it (like Lightroom has an HDR bracket processing feature)?  That way, at least there's a CHANCE of Aurora HDR seeing some improvements.

Austin Miller

Hi all. For now, the main task that we are working on is the implementation of the .CR3 support and fixing the known issues with Aurora HDR to make the performance and stability much better. We will post the list of updates as soon as the next update is ready.

Please sign in to leave a comment.