Luminar 4.2.0 Crashing on Catalina 10.15.5

Answered

Comments

20 comments

• Official comment
    Angela Andrieux

Hi - Please reach out to us at www.skylum.com/support so we can investigate the issue. Looking forward to hearing from you!

Comment actions Permalink
    ELIAS EPP

same here. I am also on Catalina 10.15.5. Luminar 4.2.0 is not even starting anymore, but always crashing. Any suggestions how to fix? 

Austin Miller

Hi.

Please try the steps below:

1. Hold down Option key on your keyboard and start Luminar. Keep holding Option until you see a window with a list of available backups appear.
    2. Select a backup that has been created prior to when you encountered the issue with the library and click Restore from Backup.

If it does not help, please try the following:

• Open Finder.
    • Click Go in the top menu > click Go to Folder.
    • Paste the following path: ~/Library/Caches/SentryCrash/
    • In the folder that opens, locate Luminar 4 folder and delete it. 

Let us know how it goes.

ELIAS EPP

Hi Austin. "hold down Option (alt) key" seemed to work at first. However, when I restarted my Mac, the same problem occurred again and Luminar 4 crashed. I then tried the second option and deleted the "sentrycrash" at the specified location. However, after restarting my Mac, the same problem persists. 

How best to proceed? 

thanks

Helga Rowles

Hi member, please try following the steps below:

• Make sure Luminar is closed.
    • Open your Luminar Catalog folder. By default, it's in Pictures.
    • Rename the Luminar Catalog.luminar file
    • After that, launch Luminar, you should be able to create a new catalog.

If further assistance is needed, please contact us at skylum.com/support. We'll do our best to help.

Miguel Angel Victoria

Buenas tardes, al igual que los usuarios en este Post, no puedo trabajar con Luminar desde que se actualizó Catalina a la versión 10.15.5, les agradeceré su apoyo...

Gracias

Helga Rowles

Hi Miguel!

Please try following the steps below:

1. Hold down Option key on your keyboard and start Luminar. Keep holding Option until you see a window with a list of available backups appear.
    2. Select a backup that has been created prior to when you encountered the issue with the library and click Restore from Backup.

If the issue remains, do the following:

If you need further assistance, please contact our support team at skylum.com/support. Our Spanish-speaking agent will be happy to assist.

Rodrigo Ajates

Hi, couple of things:

1. I tried the rename the Luminar 4 Catalog.luminar file option and then create a new one... ALL my folders with photos are gone from Luminar!!! How do I get them back without adding everything back AGAIN

2. I’m not accessing Luminar 4 directly but using the Lightroom plugin. Do the instructions that you sent differ when is crashing through a plugin ?

3. Could you please offer an easier solution for the user like for example release a software update to resolve this issue? Antivirus and other software companies do it all the time. That customers are patching up things here and there does not seem serious or very professional. It would make more sense to release an update that resolves the issue so that users can easily update the Luminar software version.... 😃

Rodrigo Ajates

Update to my previous comment:
    Luminar keep crashing despite changing the luminar 4 catalog.luminar folder name and loosing all my photo folders. As mentioned above, I’m using the Lightroom plugin

Rodrigo Ajates

One more update @Austin Miller:

The instructions that you sent to use the ~/Library/Caches/SentryCrash/ path and delete the Liminar 4 folder don’t work either.

I tried to open a photo from Lightroom on Luminar using the plugin and Luminar crashed 30 seconds after the photo opened in Luminar.

I tried EVERY single thing that you guys suggested and nothing worked. What’s next?

Anastasia Davis

Hi! Did you try the suggestion about the backup? Does the app crash anyway?

In this case, please reach our support team and we will investigate the issue: https://skylum.com/support 

Miguel Angel Victoria

Ya intenté sus recomendaciones y no se solucionó el problema, inclusive ya envié un mensaje a https://skylum.com/support  y no he tenido respuesta... por favor ayúdenme lo más rápido posible, Luminar 4 es una herramienta muy importante en mi flujo de trabajo.

Por su pronta respuesta, muchas gracias

Anastasia Davis

Miguel Angel Victoria I can see that my colleague replied to you via email. Could you check your inbox and spam folder? If you do not find the email, we will reach you with another one as soon as possible.

Miguel Angel Victoria

Anastasia,

Recibí un correo con las siguientes instrucciones:

Hi Miguel!

Please try following the steps below:

If the issue remains, do the following:

NO funcionó esa solución, les volví a enviar un email informándoles que NO había resuelto el problema y no he recibido respuesta. Por favor ayúdenme a solucionarlo, tengo muchas fotografías pendientes de editar y Luminar 4 es muy importante para ello.

Muchas gracias

Rodrigo Ajates

Yes, I tried everything that was posted on this forum and nothing works. I repeat, is there a way for Skylum to release a software patch that can be downloaded by users worldwide to resolve this issue rather than this trial and error solutions?

Rodrigo Ajates

@Anastasia Davis. Nothing worked

richard mak

Dear all, I having the same issue, my Luminar now can't even launch. Originally was using as plug in for Photos, but it hang my Photos application too. Hence, I try using Luminar as standalone to edit, however, it just couldn't launch. It was working OK few days back (although not very stable), but it is worst now, the application just couldn't launch.

I tried the method mentioned above, and is still the same.

Appreciate a solution asap, cheers!

Helga Hufflepuff

Richard,

We sent you the reply via e-mail in order to take a closer look at this issue. Look forward to hearing from you!

Christof Wittwer

Hello, I bought Luminar 4 some days ago. Since I updatet to 10.15.5, Luminar is unusable. If I create a new library, my picture folders are not indexed. I see no photos at all.. Hope, that there will be soon a patch!

I have also the same with Luminar 3 ... 

Margaret Bright

Hi Christof,

Please note that the Library does not upload your folders automatically. You need to press the + button in the upper left corner and choose to Add Folder with Images.

If this is not the case and you add folders that are still not being displayed in the Library for some reason, or if you need any further assistance, please get in touch with our support team at https://skylum.com/support.

Please sign in to leave a comment.