Saving Layers

Answered

Comments

9 comments

• Official comment
    Angela Andrieux

Hi Karen,

All of your edits in Luminar are stored in the Library's database. Your original images are not actually altered, thus the process is 100% non-destructive.

If you'd like to share a photo with the changes you've made in Luminar you'll need to export the image from Luminar. This will create a new file with your edits applied. More info here: https://manual.skylum.com/4/en/topic/saving-exporting-files

Comment actions Permalink
    Scott Schnelle

Here's what I do. I export a full size .jpeg, put the watermark on the file that is open in L4 which should be the raw file, and then export again in a smaller file size for email/Instagram/etc. Your edits will not affect the original raw file as far as I've seen... Hope this helps.

Karen Moore

Thank you both for your responses.  Unfortunately, this is exactly what I'm doing and they still aren't showing up.  I have tried adding the layer when the photo was in Raw format and exporting and when it was already a jpeg and exporting.  Either way, the layer doesn't make the transfer on export.  I will keep working on it.  Maybe something is wrong with my settings.  I really like this program but very frustrated at the moment.

Angela Andrieux

Hi Karen,

We need to be able to reproduce the issue on our end in order to understand at which point it occurs and troubleshoot it. Please email us at support@skylum.com with a screen recording of the issue.

Here's how to record a screen on Mac:

https://support.apple.com/guide/quicktime-player/record-your-screen-qtp97b08e666/mac

Here's how to record a screen on Windows: https://monosnap.com/welcome

Here's how you can send us the file with the recording:

1. Visit https://wetransfer.com/
    2. If it's your first time visiting this website, it might ask you to purchase a subscription. Simply select to proceed with the free version.
    3. Click Add your files.
    4. Select the file(s) on your computer.
    5. After you see all the files you need to send appear in the list, click the icon to the left of the Transfer button (the icon looks like a circle with three dots in it).
    6. In Send As select Link.
    7. Click Transfer.
    8. After the files have finished uploading, click Copy Link and paste it into the reply to this email.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Chris Lynn

I had a similar issue when trying to export multiple images with edits on a layer, and just received the following email from tech support:

"This is a known issue when the layers are not saved on the export while batch exporting from the gallery view.
    Please export the photos one by one and from the edit window."

If you are trying to do a batch export, this could be the problem.

Johnathan Stabler

This bug still exists. Image layers not exporting in batches.

Why hasn't this been fixed yet? Adding watermarks is a pretty common requirement and if it can't be done in batches then that creates a significant amount of repetitive work for users.

Lots of effort still being put into getting popular YouTubers to promote Luminar, not so much effort going into fixing bugs and performance issues.

Kirk Osborn

Hi Johnathan!

Could you specify what version of Luminar you're using?

Johnathan Stabler

Luminar 4.2.0 (5592)

Kirk Osborn

The fix for this issue was included in Luminar 4.3.0 which is going to be available for download by the end of this week. Please stay tuned and check for updates.

Please sign in to leave a comment.